Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 03:40 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times

Advertisements

'Don't care to for the merchandise at the box hardware stores, I'm trying to find out if there is a store in Houston that sells these types of eye protection devices that are of high quality.

I have some of those that you get at the box stores, they are cheap, scratch easily, even though the maker makes the claim to be scratch resistant. My wife once gave me some nice lab grade goggles from her chemistry class from the univerisity, they were great until my son decided to get hold of them.

So, if any of you who work in labs, or construction know of place that I can get quality eye goggles, I'd like to hear form you.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM

419 posts, read 1,921,624 times
Safety glasses and goggles that you should only use need to meet the ANSI standard Z87 or Z87.1. Don't settle for less. When shopping for eye protection make sure this standard is met. Take a good look at the lense and if it is ANSI rated you will see Z87 or Z87.1. If you don't see that, then it ain't rated by this standard.

Since I get all my eye protection through work, I don't have a need to purchase any. There are several places online that sell them and meet this ANSI standard. UVEX is one, and I have several of their eyewear. I'm sure Grainger would carry what your looking for.

There are also options to goggles as the ordinary eyeware as evolved over the past several years. You can get them in a prescription frame or in a reading type magnifer (similiar to the drug store reading glasses). There are also safety glasses that you can wear over your prescription glasses if you need them. But if you really need goggles they are out there. Here's a link to a DeWalt goggle.
DeWALT Concealer Protective Glasses DPG82. DPG82-11, DPG82-21. DeWALT Safety Glasses.

Hope you find what you need.. good luck and protect those eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: