U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 27,136 times

Advertisements

We are strongly looking into buying a Meritage home there. We drove the community and spoke to home owners and it is turning out to be very nice to my suprise. There are a few empty lots but are kept up with. We drove the entire subdivision and we are looking to buy in the Brookstone Estate side. We were very impressed. The pool area and amenities center are nice too. Dose anybody have any news on whats goign on there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 10:10 AM

5,429 posts, read 13,151,372 times
Where exactly in Richmond is it?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:24 AM

It is off 99 Grand Parkway and Mason Rd.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:30 PM

95 posts, read 392,050 times
seems like a nice community. the builder i used to work for built in there last year

Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 AM

447 posts, read 1,598,019 times
Who has taken over the "ownership" since Kimball Hills went bankrupt? Who will build out the amenities? Have they done something with the Royce and KH homes that were not completed? When we drove through a couple of months ago, there were many homes not completed, some with just the studs up.

Those are just some of the questions I would want answered

Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,971 times
I live in Fieldstone and we'd love to have answers to most of the same questions. As far as ownership, I think Kimball Hill is still looking for someone to buy all of their assets. If that doesn't happen eventually, then they'll start selling off their individual developments.

As far as the incomplete houses, Royce still has a few houses in one of the sections that are sitting at about 90% completion. They had one that stalled in the framing stage, but they've torn all the studs and plumbing out so it's just a bare slab now. It's not perfect, but a huge improvement over the alternative. Centex had a slab in another section that has since been built on and is complete and for sale. Kimball Hill has sold all of their inventory houses and models, so other than selling their empty lots, they're done.

The amenities are complete for the sections that have been started. The main pool is up and running (and staying pretty busy), and the pocket parks are set up. Kimball Hill handed over ownership and control of those to the HOA/management company before they left.

On the bright side, Meritage is still selling in two sections of the neighborhood and they're going like gangbusters. There completed at least 6 houses in the last few months and there are at least 7 houses in various stages of construction right now.

All in all it's not in as bad a shape as we imagined it could have been when we moved in in March. We're anxious to know what will happen to all the empty Kimball, Royce and Centex lots, but the incomplete and vacant houses have mostly been taken care of. In some respects, it's kind of nice having a quiet neighborhood that's not packed full yet.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM

Your are so rite. Everytime I drive there it seems so nice and quiet. We have purchased a Meritage home and construction will start in Sept. I like that everything so kept up yards, common areas and walking trails. I had alot of doubt at first when I found out the developer bit the dust. We know we are taking a gamble in a sence. With the amenities looking like they do, I was really impressed. I did alot of reserch and found out thru speaking to the HOA and s few other folks that 2 Major developers are putting in bids to come and take over and finish out the community at the end of this year. The few empty lot's that Kinball and Royce have tied up will be releases as well and Meritage might negotiate to purchase a few more. By this time the prices will be no where near as afordable as they are now. Also, that Krogers Market place going up and Aliana down the road I think the home prices are going to sky rocket.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 8,799 times
Smile Fieldstone

I'm a Realtor and live in Fieldstone as well. We were one of the first families to build here in July of '07. Although we weren't thrilled that Kimball Hill went belly up, we absolutely love our home and love living in Fieldstone. I completely agree with the other post regarding home values here skyrocketing down the road. My sister, who is an appraiser, agrees as well. Kroger is set to open in a few weeks. From what I understand, that store is supposed to be the largest Kroger in the state of Texas. I doubt that Kroger makes a decision to build a gigantic store like that without doing a lot of research on current and future growth of an area. The real estate market is slowly but surely turning around and I suspect that some builder (or several) will snatch up the remaining lots in Fieldstone and construction will resume in the near future. The schools are fantastic and the taxes are reasonable. I do and will continue to recommend Fieldstone to my clients and friends. Good luck with your home search!

Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,801,661 times
If your getting a Kroger to move in, thats a very good sign.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,015,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
If your getting a Kroger to move in, thats a very good sign.
This has been in the works for several years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or