Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:55 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,285,161 times

Advertisements

I'll take the Sienna Market HEB over Central Market in Highland Village all day long.

As far as Costco goes, there is one on the books for just off Hwy 6 and Sienna Parkway where the FBTR will be extended to. Just awaiting more of a economic turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 PM

99 posts, read 367,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I'll take the Sienna Market HEB over Central Market in Highland Village all day long.

As far as Costco goes, there is one on the books for just off Hwy 6 and Sienna Parkway where the FBTR will be extended to. Just awaiting more of a economic turn.
I agree, a "market" HEB, like Bunker Hill or Sienna, would be beautiful.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM

14 posts, read 38,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottonmather0 View Post
I agree, a "market" HEB, like Bunker Hill or Sienna, would be beautiful.
The Costco planned near Sienna Plantation is coming sooner than we expected based from inside info that I gathered.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM

279 posts, read 724,539 times
Yep, life sure is miserable out here in the burbs. You inner loopers best stay away! Even the apples don't taste very good!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:15 PM

221 posts, read 611,302 times
plzzzzzzz

I wasnt even talking about honey crisp, I was talking about sweetango. Speaking about hc though, I had one from HEB Pearland and one from CM. CM wins by all counts, the one from HEB wasn't as expensive but the taste and quality were inferior. Like the insides were yellow. Right now I'm eating an AMAZING POM pomegranate from CM, it is incredible, a delicious blend of sweet and sour. Last time I was at HEB the pomegranates were all rotten.

Moving on Central Market will always be leagues ahead of your burb HEB in terms of quality items.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:13 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
Out of curiosity, Robert, why wouldn't HEB put a Central Market near homes running over $500K? You have said that you live in the Sharpstown area. I know the homes don't come near $500K. People live in Telfair because you can get new homes, rather than those built in the 70's. I am not knocking 70's homes - but don't poo-poo what you don't even know about. I am sure a Central market will eventually go in close to Telfair. Residential is always ahead of commercial.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 PM

221 posts, read 611,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Out of curiosity, Robert, why wouldn't HEB put a Central Market near homes running over $500K? You have said that you live in the Sharpstown area. I know the homes don't come near $500K. People live in Telfair because you can get new homes, rather than those built in the 70's. I am not knocking 70's homes - but don't poo-poo what you don't even know about. I am sure a Central market will eventually go in close to Telfair. Residential is always ahead of commercial.
Central Market is quite close though, usually less than 10 minutes for me. And I do know about new homes actually, I live in Pearland (unfortunately) on the weekends.

They will never build a central market near telfair because that area is no where near as populated or wealthy as river oaks. Simple as that, business is business and economically speaking, Telfair is inferior.

It's alright though, our suburbs are the future ghettos.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Quote:
I am sure a Central market will eventually go in close to Telfair. Residential is always ahead of commercial.
Some HEB executives say that HEB is not going to build any more Central Markets, anywhere. The stores haven't been as profitable as expected.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Some HEB executives say that HEB is not going to build any more Central Markets, anywhere. The stores haven't been as profitable as expected.
If so, then it's a problem with the store model, not because Telfair isn't good enough. robertrulez is always on a bent about the suburbs being the future ghettos. So much teen angst.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:26 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,758 times
Quote:
If so, then it's a problem with the store model, not because Telfair isn't good enough. robertrulez is always on a bent about the suburbs being the future ghettos. So much teen angst.
Right! Telfair has a wonderful demographic and I would be thrilled if a Central Market were built there...I'm just not holding my breath because of what the HEB executives said. Yes, it must be a problem with the store model but I don't think they plan on fixing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston