Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 7,302 times

Advertisements

Have anyone found out the Telfair HOA rules of parking the cars along the street?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM

232 posts, read 701,323 times
It is actually a Sugar Land City limits ordinance. No Parking overnight on the streets. Just report it to CIA HOA Services if these cars are are regularly parked on the streets. It is a safety issue. I have reported a few folks and w/in a few days they stopped parking on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008homebuyer View Post
Have anyone found out the Telfair HOA rules of parking the cars along the street?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 PM

109 posts, read 581,404 times
There is a City of Sugar Land ordinance prohibiting the "storage" of vehicles on a public street in the same location for more than 48 continuous hours. If this is the case, you can also report this to CIA Services.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM

109 posts, read 581,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
Again, Today I had issues getting to my street since there are a few single family homes that are being used as multi-family homes. These homes have so many cars that it fill the complete driveway and street. Is this something that is in the HOA Deed restrictions or in the Sugar Land City Code?

I don't think if one can't afford to live in a house on their own Family income, they need to bring 3 relatives to split the load. long-term, this will reduce property values. I don't mind the occasional home with say a grandparent or an aunt, but I am 100% positive that these homes are being used by several families with all their children and all. (8-15+ people in a house!)
The terms "single-family homes" and "multi-family homes" are misnomers. They are not supposed to refer to the number of families per dwellings, but rather, the number of dwellings per building.

I'm not quite certain what your question is, but there is a SL ordinance restricting the storage of vehicles on public streets in the same location for 48 continuous hours.

Regarding restrictions on occupancy, well that's a different issue altogether. The Federal Fair Housing Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of "familial status", among other protected classes. Therefore, it is a against federal law to discriminate against the number of family members living together, unless the restriction is in place to protect the health and safety of the occupants, i.e. apartment buildings with building codes that limit the number of occupants per s.f. for health and safety reasons (fire code).

I hope this clears up some confusion. I'm sure most people on this thread did not realize that restricting occupancy can be a form of discrimination (or intend to get into a conversation about discrimination), but this is why you don't see HOAs or builders restricting the number of family members living in a home.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 AM

232 posts, read 701,323 times
I guess I am used to the nuclear Family. Not the extended family where more than 1 Married couple with children live in the same house... Too much political correctness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiMBA View Post
The terms "single-family homes" and "multi-family homes" are misnomers. ....

I hope this clears up some confusion. I'm sure most people on this thread did not realize that restricting occupancy can be a form of discrimination (or intend to get into a conversation about discrimination), but this is why you don't see HOAs or builders restricting the number of family members living in a home.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier1774 View Post
The largest ethic group in Telfair is Chinese/Asian. The 2nd largest are Indian, then a close 3rd are White/Non-Hispanic, etc, etc. According to my real estate agent.
So in a way it is Patelfair, the original person was not Wong about this. Too bad nobody Nguyen this all was going to happen with the HOA issues and such. Do any Hispanics live there? I'm drawing a Blanco.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:11 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
Alot of Asian families have their elderly parents living with them, so it shouldn't be a shock that they ask for two master bedrooms. Telfair is nice and i wouldn't mind living there, but not at those prices. Come down $40-50k in prices and i would go for it.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:06 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,698 times
An interesting note:

I was walking down an aisle of Sam's Club and there so happened to be about 3 Indian families in the same area. And well this older white couple was walking down and the lady said to the Husband

"gawd... there's so many of them!!!"

I was speechless, but she did have a point, so all I could do is shrug it off.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:28 PM

125 posts, read 312,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
An interesting note:

I was walking down an aisle of Sam's Club and there so happened to be about 3 Indian families in the same area. And well this older white couple was walking down and the lady said to the Husband

"gawd... there's so many of them!!!"

I was speechless, but she did have a point, so all I could do is shrug it off.
What "point" did she have?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 AM

99 posts, read 367,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
What "point" did she have?
That, uhhhhh, there are a lot of Indian people in Sugar Land?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston