Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 04:45 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,264,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Pounding afternoon storms every afternoon coming straight down the I-10 Corridor. I love it. It's like old Houston. Saving big time on water and AC. It's cooling things down nicely in the evening.
Sure wish we would get some of that! Lots of thunder...nothing on the rain! Been weeks since we got a good soaking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 04:49 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,320,635 times
Hey guys...send that rain this-a-way. San Antonio has some seriously screwy weather patterns. (*whispering loudly* i don't like that!!!) I mean, does rain exist here? I need my subtropical weather predictability please...I do not speak desert...and I'm wrinkling!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:03 AM

15 posts, read 50,741 times
I know this is completely off topic, on ur discussion about the rain, BUT is it true that WATER IS FREE in Houston? Im moving from Miami soon and I read a complaint on apartmentratings.com that a person was outraged bc they added water to her utilities when its was suppose to be free.... WTH???

Old 06-30-2010, 09:37 AM

68 posts, read 103,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzBeeHaven305 View Post
I know this is completely off topic, on ur discussion about the rain, BUT is it true that WATER IS FREE in Houston? Im moving from Miami soon and I read a complaint on apartmentratings.com that a person was outraged bc they added water to her utilities when its was suppose to be free.... WTH???

As the saying goes, there's no such thing as a free lunch.... OR free water in Houston. It's been a long time since I rented but sometimes an apartment complex (usually smaller, older ones) will include utilities into their monthly rent. One way or another you pay for it, either through increased rent or via monthly water bill.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:52 PM

193 posts, read 434,717 times
Hope you all haven't floated away by now. I haven't been on here much due to the new house but I am loving all the rain for the new landscaping.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 799 times
I love Houston!!!! Can't wait to move back. Trust me we in America/ Houston do not realize how good we have it, try living abroad for a while.

Man o man I will never complain about the States ever again, living in Canada sucks ass.

I miss the giant freeways (it lets you get around anywhere fast, try staying stuck in signal after signal on poorly built 2 lane roads, or taking public transportation with native american homeless people asking you for money- that's Canada), the warm weather, give me heat over cold and snow any day.

Also, this may come as a shock to some, but Houston is freakin clean!!!!!! I realized how clean it is.

We have beautiful well maintained suburbs, nice wide smooth roads, just overall it looks like a great city, not ugly old run down buildings every where.

Houston Rocks and all those who live there should feel very very lucky.

A great city, lots of jobs, low cost of living, great warm weather, nice roads, etc....

Canada is overly expensive, food, cloths, cars, houses!! For the price of our house here you could get a mansion with a large swimming pool in Houston.

Old 07-14-2010, 11:49 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,401,995 times
^Where in Canada do you live?

Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,090,098 times
These would come in handy in Houston (or anywhere for that matter):

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs019.ash2/34306_442371040961_676005961_6096423_209285_n.jpg (broken link)pg

Old 07-17-2010, 07:50 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,777,212 times
^LOL. That would come in handy in Houston and Austin.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:58 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,772,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzBeeHaven305 View Post
I have never paid for water but I know of apartments that do. What I am pissed about is my current place doesn't pay the gas. I have never paid for gas before.

Before I left for college, my last apartment only charged for ac ( I know that is weird, but it was convenient. We had a water chiller and paid a $10 fee every month. Water, gas and cable was free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston