U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 PM
 
3,093 posts, read 5,646,560 times
Reputation: 2159
Hey M2F - don't know about anyone else but here in Mo City it seemed like just a few thunder storms. I read on another message board that someone had seen a funnel cloud forming around Sienna Point the morning of the 6th. Doesn't seem like there was anything major elsewhere (lol - no threads about it anyway!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
 
Location: San Antonio-Westover Hills
6,866 posts, read 12,367,328 times
Reputation: 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Don't know about Copelands, but Pappadeux is crap. Commercial gruel creole.
Really, EA? Sometimes I wonder about you... I think for a chain, it is stupendous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2010, 09:03 AM
 
Location: 77059
7,690 posts, read 17,534,569 times
Reputation: 3711
Nothing wrong with Pappadeaux for a big platter of fried seafood. Seriously, how can you mess up fish fry and grease? However the one on the bay that Ike washed away is gone with no rebuilding going on, if that means anything.

Now if you want to be underwhelmed, try Kemah Landrys. That place has seriously gone downhill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2010, 04:45 PM
 
Location: California
9,707 posts, read 23,153,116 times
Reputation: 21421
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Nothing wrong with Pappadeaux for a big platter of fried seafood. Seriously, how can you mess up fish fry and grease? However the one on the bay that Ike washed away is gone with no rebuilding going on, if that means anything.

Now if you want to be underwhelmed, try Kemah Landrys. That place has seriously gone downhill.
Your about the 10th person to mention that to me about Landry's. We tend to steer clear of the BoardWalk Restaurants, so haven't been there since Ike. It use to be 1/2 way decent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Pearland, TX
3,334 posts, read 4,425,048 times
Reputation: 2207
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Your about the 10th person to mention that to me about Landry's. We tend to steer clear of the BoardWalk Restaurants, so haven't been there since Ike. It use to be 1/2 way decent!
All but T-bone Tom's! Yummmmmmmmmmmm....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM
 
Location: 77059
7,690 posts, read 17,534,569 times
Reputation: 3711
T-bone Toms is pretty good. Fieri approved just like Prince Lebanese in Arlington-- also a good place.

But I'm back on here to say the Pappadeaux-gruel comment might have quite a bit of validity. Richmond/Kirby Pappasitos (same chain) is not good at all, and even worse at $20/person. Ironic and sad how some of these trendy, chain-hating inner loopers think this is great Mexican food.

Sign of the times I guess. Over the past couple of years the quality of mass-purchased food has been going down the tubes in general while getting more expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: California
9,707 posts, read 23,153,116 times
Reputation: 21421
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
All but T-bone Tom's! Yummmmmmmmmmmm....
Agree 100%! Never have had a bad meal at Tom's. Not sure why....I tend NOT to think them as part of the BoardWalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
1,294 posts, read 1,619,723 times
Reputation: 1164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
But I'm back on here to say the Pappadeaux-gruel comment might have quite a bit of validity. Richmond/Kirby Pappasitos (same chain) is not good at all, and even worse at $20/person. Ironic and sad how some of these trendy, chain-hating inner loopers think this is great Mexican food.
I am one of the chain-hating inner loopers of whom you speak (not sure I'm worthy of the "trendy" part!) and I do not like any of the Papas restaurants I've tried. They remind me of Fridays. It's ok, but nothing to rave about. I definitely do not consider it great Mexican food. Although I'm afraid to say the place I think has the best mexican; it's my hole in the wall, neighborhood place and I don't want it to become popular!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
 
Location: California
9,707 posts, read 23,153,116 times
Reputation: 21421
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-CityRelo View Post
I am one of the chain-hating inner loopers of whom you speak (not sure I'm worthy of the "trendy" part!) and I do not like any of the Papas restaurants I've tried. They remind me of Fridays. It's ok, but nothing to rave about. I definitely do not consider it great Mexican food. Although I'm afraid to say the place I think has the best mexican; it's my hole in the wall, neighborhood place and I don't want it to become popular!
Aw, come on....spill it! Is it the one with .99 margaritas on Sat. nites? Might I add, life-altering margaritas, should you partake of more than 3?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM
 
86 posts, read 14,145 times
Reputation: 42
Hello
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top