Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 AM

913 posts, read 4,342,668 times

Advertisements

There is New Territory East. I can understand why the prices are in their 220-270 there. Because:
- NT East is kissing new fancy schmancy Telfair
- it has pools, lakes and all other community stuff
- schools are right across the street

... and there is New Territory West. Actually, there're 2 of them:
- New Territory North-West - too close to noisy highway 90A (and 99 for some ) and a railway.

...And there is New Territory SOUTHWEST. It seem to be better and further from freeways/railway. So why the prices there are much lower (200-230), than their NT East neighbors?? The houses are a bit newer.

- do they use the same schools?
- do they have the same community pool, etc. (where is it, BTW?)
- what else?

The only other thing I don't really like about NT SouthWest is a vicinity to a high voltage powerline to the West. And old open fields all around.

So why do you think the price don't match?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 11:43 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times
Probably because they are further out. Kind of like how there are so many shacks in the Heights that cost 350+. Location.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:46 AM

99 posts, read 367,478 times
I think the west side is zoned to Travis High School, which is quite a trip from there. It's a good FBISD high school, but I would bet that most parents prefer Austin, which is still a better school (excellent as opposed to just very good) and much closer.

So it's a combination of the remoteness and the schools, I would bet.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behtypa View Post
So why do you think the price don't match?
Because the Illuminati dues aren't figured into the home price and are billed separately each year.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10154503-post21.html

Old 08-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Because the Illuminati dues aren't figured into the home price and are billed separately each year.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/10154503-post21.html
Please explain. Do you mean that there're additional taxes/fees that go on top of the standard RE taxes (like MUD, SD, etc.)? har.com says that the overall taxes are still comparable with the NT East (2.4 - 2.5%) or even lower (2.3%).

Old 08-13-2009, 12:55 PM

279 posts, read 724,400 times
We just bought a house on the eastern side of New Territory. The proximity to some of NT's nicer parks and being closer in were the biggest pluses and why we mostly looked in eastern NT. I still think western NT is a very nice neighborhood, though.

As far as some of your other questions:
* East NT goes to Walker Station Elem, West NT goes to Brazos Bend. Both are exemplary.
* East and West NT both go to Sartartia Middle, exemplary.
* East NT goes to Austin High, West NT goes to Travis High. Both are recognized.
* Both sides have access to all NT ammenities on either side of SH 99.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeb View Post
* East NT goes to Walker Station Elem, West NT goes to Brazos Bend.
Brazos Bend Elementary is in your neighborhood, right?
(621 Cunningham Creek Blvd, Sugar Land, TX‎ )
So for both areas, Elementary and Middle schools are close-by. However, a Highschool for West NT is all the way in the First Colony, 15 minutes and 2 highways away. :-(

Pls tell me about parks near NT West. I can see a few open spaces to the West, along the river. Do you refer to them? Are they joggable, cyclable. How long is the trail?

I have "clocked" the concrete trail going from the NT SouthWest (one starting from the farthers baseball field, than along the flood channel, along the middle school the right, Randalls to the left and ending up in the middle of NT East). And it is 30 minutes walking, 10 cycling, which is around 1.5 miles.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM

279 posts, read 724,400 times
Brazos Bend is in West NT, Walker Station is in East NT (a 5 min walk from our new house).

I am not as familiar with West NT, but the newterritory.org website has a lot of information about the parks and trail distances.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,488,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behtypa View Post
Please explain. Do you mean that there're additional taxes/fees that go on top of the standard RE taxes (like MUD, SD, etc.)? har.com says that the overall taxes are still comparable with the NT East (2.4 - 2.5%) or even lower (2.3%).
I'd explain further, but then someone would probably kill me in my sleep. It's not wise to share the secrets of such powerful, shadowy organizations as the Illuminati.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:48 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,484,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
I'd explain further, but then someone would probably kill me in my sleep. It's not wise to share the secrets of such powerful, shadowy organizations as the Illuminati.

You have become enlightened and shall be spared. Perhaps you should be promoted to the brains, oh Kiddish one. yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston