U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:42 PM

1,042 posts, read 1,932,030 times
Default Pictures of Rasberry/Crazy Ants???

Hey does anybody of pics of these pests?? We have tiny little red ants that have emerged from the baseboard here in the kitchen yesterday. The gentleman at Ace said Rasberry but the very few pics I have seen show long legs but these guys just look like baby fire ants. They do not follow a line and usually go on their own. I have been watching them for the past hour killing the ones who kinda stray from the bait. All in vain probably. HomeTeam was suppose to have been out yesterday but nothing! URG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 04:23 PM

6,866 posts, read 12,617,229 times
Raspberry ants are a very specific type of ant that go after electronics. What it sounds like you have is a typical sugar ant. Keep everything scrupulously clean, and put out a Terro Ant Bait.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Raspberry ants are a very specific type of ant that go after electronics. What it sounds like you have is a typical sugar ant. Keep everything scrupulously clean, and put out a Terro Ant Bait.
I thought sugar ants are black??? I am lost....

Old 08-15-2009, 04:39 PM

9,735 posts, read 23,668,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
First time I ever saw them was in our bathroom sink...Bug guy told us they were Crazy Rasberry ants...no electronics around! But yes, the Terro ant bait trays work great!

Sorry...never thought to take a pic! I just did a google image and lots of pics come up...

Old 08-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
I thought sugar ants are black??? I am lost....

They are...you can google image them too.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
First time I ever saw them was in our bathroom sink...Bug guy told us they were Crazy Rasberry ants...no electronics around! But yes, the Terro ant bait trays work great!

Sorry...never thought to take a pic! I just did a google image and lots of pics come up...
Terro is what the Ace gentleman sold to me. Nice to hear it works!! We have had one or two in the master bath but probably 50 in the one corner of the breakfast nook. No electronics there either. I guess just maybe the electrical in the walls. Who knows. I ended up caving and wiped them out and sealed the teeny tiny hole up and sprayed. I am sure they will come out somewhere else although I sprayed all the baseboards. I just have had enough of them. We are super clean but now even more so. We have lived here 5 weeks and 4 of them have had ants issues all differ kinds. I guess that gives a new meaning to "getting the bugs out".

Old 08-16-2009, 05:30 AM

I've just had the problem once....like mentioned,coming up through one of the bathroom sinks. Bug guy sprayed and we used the Terro liquid trays and have never seen one again. That was 2 yrs ago.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:13 AM

6,866 posts, read 12,617,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
We have had one or two in the master bath but probably 50 in the one corner of the breakfast nook. No electronics there either. I guess just maybe the electrical in the walls. Who knows.
Yes...wiring. They are also looking for water.

If you can get a good macro shot of one, sent it to TAMU's entomology department. They'll ID it for you.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 PM

59 posts, read 236,066 times
You better break out more than just the Terro. Those critters can infest an acre with 17 BILLION of their buddies. If you're in Houston you're near the epicenter of where they were first discovered.Here are a few pics and you can follow the links to more info from here. The reluctant Rasberry ant

Old 04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Status: "Character is what you do when no one is looking..." (set 22 days ago)

21,012 posts, read 22,187,467 times
Dutch: this thread is almost a year old...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston