Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 02:00 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,685,799 times

Advertisements

Don't post HALF of my quote. That's chicken sh*t. Here is my complete sentence along with the other posters comment to show the actual context.

Tstone said: "It IS a nice area superficially, probably the nicest suburban type area in the whole metro. Anyone who doesn't agree is holding a grudge. (Sidewalks or not. ) The scenery is as top-notch as it can be for SE TX."

I replied with: "How cool that someone's willing to say that these dumb a$$ complaints about memorial have been grudge holders. Love it, thanks!"

SXRCKR & AK123 complained about silly stuff in this thread & we all laughed at you for it. Complaining about a neighborhood in Houston like Memorial is definately smelling of sour grapes.

You & AK123 live in the suburbs & feel Memorial people have been "burb bashing". There is a difference in "burb bashing" and "burb facts".

A "burb fact" would be, "Sugar Land High Schools are more than 50% minority students". You cannot dispute that because it is a fact. A fact that my be important to someone considering buying a home in Sugar Land.

A "burb bash" would be, "I considered buying a home in the suburbs but I was too turned off by the homes there because they are mostly ugly and the way people act in the burbs is so snobbish." There is an example of a "burb bash".

You two have been caught bashing Memorial & misleading people in this thread for days now. Stop!

If you want to help the OP in this thread both of you need to stop what you are doing. You're uncool for making the OP read your BS. What you are doing is wrong and we ALL know it.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,286,602 times
You & AK123 live in the suburbs & feel Memorial people have been "burb bashing". There is a difference in "burb bashing" and "burb facts".

Actually, no one has demonstrated an ability to combine "burb facts" (first half of your sentence) and "burb bashing" (second half of your sentence) as well as you did:
Hey, the suburbs are great & I'm sure I'd be there too if I couldn't afford where I live in town.

Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 PM

If you think it's wrong for someone to say the burbs is their #2 favorite choice of a place to live, you've got a problem. I already live in a great neighborhood with great schools. If I couldn't afford to live in this great neighborhood, I'd move to the great suburbs. Yes, the great suburbs where homes are always priced great for the size. Where schools are typically better than inner city HISD schools. The suburbs would be my second choice over memorial. What is wrong with that? What in your friggin world is wrong with that?

Is my qoute here is really bashing?
Hey, the suburbs are great & I'm sure I'd be there too if I couldn't afford where I live in town.

Again, is your point here to help the OP learn about purchasing in Memorial? Again, this thread is about sincerely helping the OP and you're NOT. Please stop.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,286,602 times
Is my qoute here is really bashing?

The fact that you have to ask speaks volumes about your elitist attitude.

I'm done with this thread. I challenge you to be done, as well.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:08 PM

Hooray! You're done creating drama where there is no drama, insulting me personally, slamming Memorial, posting my half quotes to be sneaky, calling the residents of this wonderful neighborhood ugly names, complaining about old windows in this part of town all while wasting the time of anyone who wants to learn about Memorial? You're really done!!!!!

< cheering & clapping all over the land of Elite, lol! >

We'll miss you so much!

Fly away bird, fly away.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,247,087 times
Fact: Memorial is one of the most sought after areas in Houston.
77024 is one of the richest zips in the country.

Not everyone who wants to live in 77024 can afford too.

77079 is a great family friendly zip zoned to great schools with affordable housing stock if you want to live close in and dont mind an older home.

77079 retains its value and every neighborhood in the zip gained value last year.

77079 is located near a beautiful park that runs from the belt to hwy6. Houses backing up to this park are esp in demand and the prices reflect that.

People who want a new house have to pay over 600,000 for it in this zip

If you want a new house that is large and has massive closets for under 400,000 you must move to the burbs and drive a long way to work,museums,ballgames etc.

New houses in new neighborhoods do not appreciate as fast as older homes in desirable locations.

If you want to live in the burbs more power to you.....I personally do not want to drive all day. While I do not live in 77079 but 77042 I have many friends that do.I would love to live in 77024 or 77079 But, my kids are happy in their private schools and I dont feel the need to double or triple my mortgage to move 3 miles away. I dont bash their zips and get mad when they bash mine. But this is CD.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:26 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,247,087 times
I am the one who didnt know where 14 whatever was. But it is only one exit before the Grand. I just didnt know the name. Plus Aliana is suppose to have all these facilities and it is like Lakes of bella Terra. Just slowly progressing. It isnt someplace that anyone would suggest for a buyer that has to sale for 20 years. You will lose money. period.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 PM

Thanks Westres, you really get it. I appreciate it, Lizzy.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,886,322 times
This thread has gotten out of control with constant bickering. If the bickering doesn't stop I will start issueing infractions to ALL involved. EH

This thread is CLOSED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston