Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:56 AM

201 posts, read 914,740 times

Advertisements

20 minutes from SCR to the medical center is a very realistic time at 6 am. Traffic is pretty light at that time. I live in Silverlake (right across the freeway from SCR), and I can make it from my driveway to my downtown parking lot in just over 20 minutes with light traffic, and downtown is farther than the medical center.

I agree that HAR is the best place to look. I also can't fault you for renting instead of buying. I'd want to learn the city before committing to a house, especially when you're starting a new job that may or may not work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 10:55 AM

29 posts, read 99,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTcrna03 View Post
Marbell, How long have you been renting there? Did you go through an agent or an individual? I don't want to buy now because I don't know exactly which side of town I want to be just yet. I think I really would like Sienna better but I need to feel Houston out first and then more than likely I will want to build.

westres1, if I had guaranteed, nearby parking, would that be any better, or do you think the commute itself would be longer than 30 minutes?
I am renting for close to a year now. I found it on HAR.com then went thru a realtor.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:17 PM

26 posts, read 224,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
har has about 35 rentals in SCR currently....have you looked at any of them? One is a furnished model including washer and dryer for 2000
Thanks, but the one you mention is too small. I've looked at all of them on HAR and there is one I really like but after doing research, it appears it has been listed for over a year now and I don't know why. The price has been reduced several times. Makes me wonder about hurricane damage or baiting listings (list a gorgeous home but say it just got rented then direct those inquiries to other properties OR take the application fee and then deny you). I have never rented a home before and actually I am kind of nervous about it but I know I do not want to buy right now. I still have my home to sell here.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 PM

26 posts, read 224,018 times
davidtk: Thanks. I feel a bit better now. Would hate to show up late for work on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston