U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 PM
 
10,362 posts, read 7,761,564 times
Reputation: 11335
fall winter and spring combined only last five minutes here in Houston.


How many Houston Spring seasons have you witnessed? Spring in Houston is awesome. March, April and often part of May are worth the Summer heat and humidity. Definitely hammock weather.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
19,979 posts, read 19,794,876 times
Reputation: 27963
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
fall winter and spring combined only last five minutes here in Houston.


How many Houston Spring seasons have you witnessed? Spring in Houston is awesome. March, April and often part of May are worth the Summer heat and humidity. Definitely hammock weather.
I've lived here 33 years and I've never experienced a spring, fall or winter that made the brutal nasty HOT summer heat worth it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM
 
Location: West Houston
1,075 posts, read 1,496,238 times
Reputation: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I've lived here 33 years and I've never experienced a spring, fall or winter that made the brutal nasty HOT summer heat worth it.
Well, as long as I don't have to see a snowflake, it's well worth it. My only gripe about Houston is it's too far NORTH. I might have to consider Miami or Key West.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
 
4,125 posts, read 6,505,133 times
Reputation: 3471
Default True...

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
fall winter and spring combined only last five minutes here in Houston.


How many Houston Spring seasons have you witnessed? Spring in Houston is awesome. March, April and often part of May are worth the Summer heat and humidity. Definitely hammock weather.
I agree, September/October until May/June are nice in Houston, so only three months out of the year really suck.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
19,979 posts, read 19,794,876 times
Reputation: 27963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
Well, as long as I don't have to see a snowflake, it's well worth it. My only gripe about Houston is it's too far NORTH. I might have to consider Miami or Key West.
Oh not to me, I wish we had really cold winters with snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I agree, September/October until May/June are nice in Houston, so only three months out of the year really suck.
Well I am very hot natured and for me it's more like only three months out of year are tolerable.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM
 
Location: 77059
7,663 posts, read 17,135,881 times
Reputation: 3679
I wouldn't get very excited as this front is now a stationary front across northwest TX. The forecast is a 30-40% chance of rain with a high around 96-97 this weekend with probably a heat index of 105. It gets cooler, to 92, but the rain chance is still there all the way til Tuesday. Check weather.com. Rain is good now though- we need it.

In Sept north TX enjoys the drier air (look at the DFW forecast) but these fronts peter out and stall before they hit the Gulf region, compressing hot/humid air that eventually breaks in the afternoon, making rain. Wait until October for a real cool front you can get slightly excited about.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Houston (Memorial) and Western NC
8,802 posts, read 14,400,398 times
Reputation: 3936
There was a lot of banging last night, but really very little rain around me. But, I'll take 73 in morning with less humidity anyday.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
15,135 posts, read 14,193,503 times
Reputation: 13449
One thing I noticed when I got back to Texas was I could tell the difference between 92F and 97F.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
1,308 posts, read 2,061,804 times
Reputation: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
There was a lot of banging last night, but really very little rain around me. But, I'll take 73 in morning with less humidity anyday.
Due to my Franzia intake, I slept right through the banging, but I did awake to find the pavement wet. When I first went outside in the morning I feared I was going to need a jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
One thing I noticed when I got back to Texas was I could tell the difference between 92F and 97F.
Yep. 97 is bearable, but 92 is downright pleasant. When it's 92 outside, expect a lot of people out in the streets walking around (at least in the loop).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Houston (Memorial) and Western NC
8,802 posts, read 14,400,398 times
Reputation: 3936
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Due to my Franzia intake, I slept right through the banging, but I did awake to find the pavement wet.
I hope for your sake that this isn't too common of an occurance.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top