Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 01:27 PM

7 posts, read 33,780 times

Advertisements

Hi. I just moved here from Chicago and am looking for a good place to raise a family. We are looking at the Stewarts Forest subdivision and the Teas Lakes subdivisions in Conroe? Does anyone know about the crime rates, safety, and racial tolerance in these neighborhoods? Which neighborhood would be the safest and have the best resale? Also, has anyone heard about a new mall being built in this area? Thank you very much for any information you may know about these areas.

I know the woodlands is very nice, but we are unable to afford the kind of home we prefer in that area. Conroe seems to offer some nice homes for the money and has a lake. However, being in a nice safe place is always the most important to us.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 05:35 AM

212 posts, read 1,273,299 times
Stewarts Forest subdivision is much nicer than Teas lakes; yes a mall is going to be built at on the westside 45 north of FM 3083. Certain areas of Teas Lakes are not that nice, Stewarts Forest is a masterplanned community.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:59 AM

Thank you so much for your reply and advice. I am happy that you know some about the area because I have had a difficult time finding anyone who knew about Stewarts Forest. Since Stewarts Forest is on the East side of 45 and on the South loop of 336, is this a good area to raise a family? A couple people have recommended to stay away from the East side, but just by looking at the neighborhood, it looks nice anyway. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:18 AM

212 posts, read 1,273,299 times
Generally the west side of IH45 in Conroe is pleasant, and the east side you would have to check the subdivision out beforehand. I do not know your price range, but Summergate is a nice subdivsion (that I have first hand knowledge of), its between loop 336 west and 45. I think there may be just a few houses for sale there, if any. Anyway...Stewarts Forest is very nice, and I think you would be very happy there.

If you havent tried check out www.har.com.

I dont know your work situation or commute, but Montgomery ISD west of Conroe is a great school district, I would rate it similar to Klein ISD in the Houston suburban area. Conroe ISD is good , I have heard many great things, of course there are problems everywhere...

Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Thank you. You have been a big help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston