Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:01 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
In Texas, and Houston specificaly, we have all learned to do the best with what we have. It's just that simple, with no excuses.A cold Brew with Friends is one of the things we enjoy. We have no scenic views. Enjoy yer stay.
it shouldn't be making the 'lots of things to do in Houston', there's already so much padding of the greatness of Houston. You're alright tho. I might pick up an electric skateboard for that LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:11 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
There's stuff to do in Houston, but it is not a "young" person's city.
What makes a "young person's city" anyway? More places to get drunk and act a fool? Not that there's anything wrong with that or anything.

Oh, and my invite to the Forever 27 Club is still good for a couple more weeks, so technically I'm in this demographic. Maybe I've just grown up a little too fast. And no, I'm not ready to go move out to the stepford burbs.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:53 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Oh, and my invite to the Forever 27 Club is still good for a couple more weeks, so technically I'm in this demographic. Maybe I've just grown up a little too fast. And no, I'm not ready to go move out to the stepford burbs.

You know what days are numbered as well? Saying "when I grow, up I will never live in _______ like ________." Just you wait. But I will welcome you to the Forever 30-something club soon, where all kinds of new & scary aches & pains come & go, and the stuff you thought was once fun now hurts, and therefore sucks. One thing's for sure... I still don't like stuff that sucks.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:13 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
You know what days are numbered as well? Saying "when I grow, up I will never live in _______ like ________." Just you wait.
If I was going to move out of the city, it'd be to the country. No, not the quasi-country exurbs, but the sticks.

The public school thing is of no issue to me, nor is having a big house/yard. Been there, done that, found it wasteful. I'm liking the idea of homeschool, and I can do that anywhere. To each their own though.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
If I was going to move out of the city, it'd be to the country. No, not the quasi-country exurbs, but the sticks.

The public school thing is of no issue to me, nor is having a big house/yard. Been there, done that, found it wasteful. I'm liking the idea of homeschool, and I can do that anywhere. To each their own though.

Some places in the sticks have excellent schools..and football players. Go figure.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
I have stayed in Houston for one reason "Work" what I do, requires People. Without People I have no work. If I had the means, I would be kickin it, on a Beach in the Caribbean, and would never look back. After several decades, the rat race looses it's glamor, and begins to wear thin.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:17 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I have stayed in Houston for one reason "Work" what I do, requires People. Without People I have no work. If I had the means, I would be kickin it, on a Beach in the Caribbean, and would never look back. After several decades, the rat race looses it's glamor, and begins to wear thin.
oh ... that sounds HEAVENLY........

Old 10-27-2009, 12:33 PM

433 posts, read 701,452 times
City Centre will be the spot in Houston.

The layout is nice and a lot larger than West Ave. It may look similar to the Woodlands Market Street, but it isn't as far and some of the dining options are refreshing.

Hotel Sorella is nice and has a patio pool at the bar. Very "LA Standard" like and attract many young professionals. Shopping stores seem to be solid. Eddie V's and Straits were great. No west coast bias. I promise you'll enjoy them.

Finally an area where you can do more than one thing at a time without driving everywhere.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:32 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach84 View Post
City Centre will be the spot in Houston.

The layout is nice and a lot larger than West Ave. It may look similar to the Woodlands Market Street, but it isn't as far and some of the dining options are refreshing.

Hotel Sorella is nice and has a patio pool at the bar. Very "LA Standard" like and attract many young professionals. Shopping stores seem to be solid. Eddie V's and Straits were great. No west coast bias. I promise you'll enjoy them.

Finally an area where you can do more than one thing at a time without driving everywhere.
thats not even in the loop, and obviously that is a huge project brought on by developers to suck in people to pay way too much for things just because its in "city centre"

And the sad part is that these people dont really have another place to go, so they just cave-in to the "hip,lofty,first class" place this dump thinks it is.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
the few moments I have time to get bored, I just pick up the remote, and change channels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston