Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM

4 posts, read 13,847 times

Advertisements

I need recommendations for vet for my toy poodle in Pearland/Friendswood area. Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 AM

488 posts, read 1,383,094 times
I use Claws & Paws in Pearland (2556 Broadway) for my 2 cats and have been very pleased with the service I have received so far - routine vaccinations etc as well as 1 emergency visit when 1 cat fell from our balcony. Costs seem reasonable and we even got a discount as they were rescue cats.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM

14 posts, read 35,691 times
Dr. Joanne Murphy at Friendswood Animal Clinic on 518 is awesome.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,616 times
Parkwood Animal Hospital - Dr. Helen Stehouwer[/b][/b]. Incredible Doctor and gorgeous Hospital. Very reasonable prices

Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
The best way to find a vet that suits your needs is to actually stop by and visit a few vet offices. See for yourself how the staff treats their clients, and talk to some of the pet owners in the waiting room about their experiences with the vet. Ask them why they choose that office. Is it because of low cost, due to location, or because the vet seems friendly? Have they only had experiences with getting the routine vaccines or annual comp exams or have they actually had an unfortunate experience of having their pet come down with some kind of illness? In those cases, ask if the vet was competent enough to diagnose and treat their pet properly? Make arrangements to interview the vet personally also. That way you will be able to get an understanding on how knowledgeable they may be and if their services will be adequate for your pets needs. Keep in mind that it doesn't matter how long the vet has been in practice, because a lot of them have kept their office running by doing only the basics (vaccines, routine exams, blood work, and pushing crappy pet food. (remember vets have very little knowledge of proper pet diets)Avoid vets that: Hesitate to write you a prescription for your pet (they are suppose to profit from their services, not from meds, and by law are suppose to write one if asked).Want to take your pet "in the back" for simple things like a comp exam or blood work. Those things should always be done in your presence. Don't leave your pet baby with a stranger.I write all this because I disagree with the last poster. Our experience with Stehouwer was not a pleasant one. Although she is not a recent grad, and works at VCA as well, her knowledge in diagnosing and treating is not up to par. Don't let new facilities or friendly faces fool you. Make sure the vet is knowledgable with more than just doing vaccines. Oh, and pay with a credit card. That way you can dispute any unreasonable charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: