Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 AM

509 posts, read 1,167,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
Houston is the place for the fallen.
^ This is the first and best comment.

Fall doesn't happen here until Christmas, and Winter never comes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 06:44 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Certain individuals made it a mantra out of the great fall weather in Houston

well, im still waiting!

it was so hot today I could feel the temperature change on the back of my neck when I walked under a tree.

And it rained all weekend,

Feel sorry for the people that just moved to Houston recently for the great weather.
In Houston, summer lasts through October. Fall starts in November and runs until April.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,825,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
In Houston, summer lasts through October. Fall starts in November and runs until April.
And I don't care what anyone says...it is worth the wait. Last year, the nice weather did start earlier than this year but it is coming...

Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,475 times
In Houston, autumn means you get to put in lawn winterizers.

Personally, I'm anxious about this Houston winter thing so my kid can finally enjoy the outdoor swing set I put together for him back in March. I also would like to trim my crape myrtles and pressure wash them. I'm also looking forward to more people coming out in their pajamas, walking their babies. The tree up front grew about 2ft again, looking forward to putting on some lights, hope neighbors get on with theirs

Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArmy View Post
Personally, I'm anxious about this Houston winter thing so my kid can finally enjoy the outdoor swing set I put together for him back in March.
I swung on swingsets in the middle of summer when I was a kid.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:34 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I swung on swingsets in the middle of summer when I was a kid.
Believe or not I did too! Heat didn't bother me as kid, sure wish I could tolerate it now.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:56 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Believe or not I did too! Heat didn't bother me as kid, sure wish I could tolerate it now.

It's crazy the way cold fronts move through Dallas, and then before they get to the Houston area, they move back through North Texas as a warm front. Funny how nature works.

But whatever weather Houston does have, it won't stop me from making a trip down there in another week and a half. In past years when visiting the Bayou City, the heat never stopped me and, this next time, things should be fairly decent. But I've also visited in January and February and it really is a refreshing time to be there.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:09 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,996,475 times
Ok the kid just turned one year old. I did hang the swing to the garage door frame and that was useful sometime in the late afternoon.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Certain individuals made it a mantra out of the great fall weather in Houston

well, im still waiting!

it was so hot today I could feel the temperature change on the back of my neck when I walked under a tree.

And it rained all weekend,

Feel sorry for the people that just moved to Houston recently for the great weather.
I can't believe those suckers fell for it! Now they are going to find out the truth...it actually GETS HOTTER IN THE WINTER HERE! Mwahahaha!

Old 10-09-2009, 03:08 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,460 times
what gorgeous weather outside taday!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston