Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM

11 posts, read 29,772 times

Advertisements

Looking to purchase a house in north west Houston, Fairfield to be exact and would like to know how much you can eventually bring down the price in this area. 5%, 10%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 PM

469 posts, read 1,481,606 times

The image above provides statistics for all 193 homes that have sold in Fairfield since April 1st 2009. Average sales price to list price is 96.2% so I would say you can expect to get at least 3.8% off, but this really depends on how the property is priced versus sold properties comparable to the one you are looking at buying. If you want access to a tool that will allow you to get that information for any certain property in 30 minutes of filling out a web form let me know and I will IM you the link.

I would say that if you negotiate hard you should have no problem getting 5-7% off an existing homes list price unless it is already listed below sold comps.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM

11 posts, read 29,772 times
Default another quetion for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post

The image above provides statistics for all 193 homes that have sold in Fairfield since April 1st 2009. Average sales price to list price is 96.2% so I would say you can expect to get at least 3.8% off, but this really depends on how the property is priced versus sold properties comparable to the one you are looking at buying. If you want access to a tool that will allow you to get that information for any certain property in 30 minutes of filling out a web form let me know and I will IM you the link.

I would say that if you negotiate hard you should have no problem getting 5-7% off an existing homes list price unless it is already listed below sold comps.
thanks for the info. I would also like to know if the is a season when there are more houes on the market and a period calm. Thanks for all the info you can give

Old 10-10-2009, 11:40 AM

469 posts, read 1,481,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yar78 View Post
thanks for the info. I would also like to know if the is a season when there are more houes on the market and a period calm. Thanks for all the info you can give
There are usually the most homes on the market in late spring but there is also the most competition for those homes at that time. It is usually the case not always that the winter months give a buyer the most negotiation strength. So, if you can find a home that meets your needs during that time period you will find on average it is the time when you will have the most negotiating power. Like any other rule based on averages you will seem some variation to this, however, it is one of the strongest rules of thumb in the Houston metro area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston