Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:56 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times

Advertisements

So it took the boys in blue over an hour to get there? Nice, it would be better if we had more neighborhood beat cops who could take care of this stuff.

I wouldn't approach a growling dog to shoo away. Just meant that you couldn't be justified in using another option if the dog was lying down. For the record, I like dogs, but if I thought or saw one was going to harm a child (who wasn't breaking into my house), I wouldn't hesitate to put it down.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:58 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
You people are unbelievable, this dog was growling, seething, barking. I don't approach any dog like that. Do you people even realize what a lot people in this area keep pitbulls for? Are you that blind or naive? How would you feel if I shooed the dog off, and later on the news you saw a little girl was mauled by the dog? The police are here, and he was being aggressive with the police. Good thing the cop was sympathetic towards the dog and didn't shoot him. Animal control just came and took him away.
Us people have no idea, because you didn't tell us. When asked, you said he was curled up sleeping.
Us people haven't a clue where your located..so no, we are not blind or naive.
I'm glad the situation was taken care of.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
No...I said he was aggressive several times. EVEN in the title of this post.
wow you are annoying.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
Quote:
You people are unbelievable, this dog was growling, seething, barking. I don't approach any dog like that. Do you people even realize what a lot people in this area keep pitbulls for? Are you that blind or naive? How would you feel if I shooed the dog off, and later on the news you saw a little girl was mauled by the dog? The police are here, and he was being aggressive with the police. Good thing the cop was sympathetic towards the dog and didn't shoot him. Animal control just came and took him away.
You did the right thing. Some people have knee jerk reactions, often from not having all the facts. Glad you are safe. be well.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times
Quote:
Oh, he's getting cozy now, curled up and taking a nap right at the front door of my business.
Your words, not mine.
You said he was aggressive in the title, but didn't say what he was doing...barking is not aggressive.

Quote:
No...I said he was aggressive several times. EVEN in the title of this post.
wow you are annoying.
Like I said, I'm glad your problem was solved.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:15 PM

567 posts, read 1,622,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
So it took the boys in blue over an hour to get there? Nice, it would be better if we had more neighborhood beat cops who could take care of this stuff.

I wouldn't approach a growling dog to shoo away. Just meant that you couldn't be justified in using another option if the dog was lying down. For the record, I like dogs, but if I thought or saw one was going to harm a child (who wasn't breaking into my house), I wouldn't hesitate to put it down.
They were on I-10 writing tickets. Too busy to work the neighborhood.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:17 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar_Z28 View Post
They were on I-10 writing tickets. Too busy to work the neighborhood.
And checking on seat Belts. Priorities.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:25 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
I don't want to turn this into a Pit discussion, but, I wouldn't shoo a dog away I would put it on a leash and take it somewhere safe until a shelter could take the dog. I have met many nice Pitts in my life. I don't know why everybody in every state is always all fired up to shoot or kill something....especially if it is a Pitt Bull You can claim something is aggressive but many people get all nervous if they see a black person and want to call the police and you know what kind of hooey that is...I'm just pointing out that you just got to calm down and nobody got killed by this rabid, killer dog on the loose

Old 10-13-2009, 03:26 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
And checking on seat Belts. Priorities.

Quite right they should have zoomed over to shoot a sleeping dog that was holding the whole state of Texas under terror.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,700,202 times
Oh here we go...

Oildog, 1 hour for HPD response sounds pretty standard to me, no matter which part of the city proper you live in. We got the same issues on the fringes, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: