Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:45 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIASLTX View Post
houston 321 - b/c when more diverse (better yet more inclusive!!), attendees experience multiple cultures and ranges of thought instead of tunnel vision.
Nice. I hope you can back this one up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 PM

93 posts, read 283,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Nice. I hope you can back this one up.
Moderator cut: orphaned post I know people that have graduated from Westfield and now attend UT Austin as well. Like I said before, Clements is a very competitive school, but believe it or not there's a lot of drug usage there just like every other public school in America(some people can't fathom this because Clements has such a polished image for some reason). You just need to know who your kids are hanging out with, make sure they don't fall into the wrong crowd. I think i'd choose Dulles over Clements even, Clements just doesn't prepare you for the real world, it's all superficial.

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-21-2009 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: orphaned post - post you are referring to has been deleted

Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
OP, you asked in your 1st post if Clements is a good school. Everyone told you it's a great school. It's rated #1 in Sugar Land and #4 in Houston/Suburbia Houston. It consistantly gets national awards for academics. Most all Clements graduates go on to high level universities. Parents work hard to afford homes in that attendance zone specifically for that school.

Coming from a city where the average Joe makes six figures & the students are the best test takers in the country, Sugar Land can't compete.

The good news is that we have lots of prep schools Houston (not suburbs) where SAT's equal your Fairfax school. I just looked at several of them to be 100% sure. These prep schools educate the children of world famous heart surgeons & similar intellect. Your kids would fit in perfectly.

I'd also suggest you look at neighborhoods with more wealth than Clements area homes. Clements kids are naturally similar to their parents. Do you really want to be neighbors with such average people? Look in a recent thread on this forum titled "What neighborhoods are home to the most intelligent Houstonians?" You'll find out where our brightest lights dwell.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:20 PM

164 posts, read 364,449 times
Thanks for the clarification about Clements SAT score is based on 1600 scale. Clements's 2007 SAT score is comparable to rank #7 in Fairfax public school. Fairfax county has 25 public schools. So Clements is a good school.

We are looking for a house in Sugarland and we like new house only. Telfair is a new community. Do you know Telfair? What is the fair price per square foot?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
OP, you asked in your 1st post if Clements is a good school. Everyone told you it's a great school. It's rated #1 in Sugar Land and #4 in Houston/Suburbia Houston. It consistantly gets national awards for academics. Most all Clements graduates go on to high level universities. Parents work hard to afford homes in that attendance zone specifically for that school.

Coming from a city where the average Joe makes six figures & the students are the best test takers in the country, Sugar Land can't compete.

The good news is that we have lots of prep schools Houston (not suburbs) where SAT's equal your Fairfax school. I just looked at several of them to be 100% sure. These prep schools educate the children of world famous heart surgeons & similar intellect. Your kids would fit in perfectly.

I'd also suggest you look at neighborhoods with more wealth than Clements area homes. Clements kids are naturally similar to their parents. Do you really want to be neighbors with such average people? Look in a recent thread on this forum titled "What neighborhoods are home to the most intelligent Houstonians?" You'll find out where our brightest lights dwell.
OP - there's your best advice yet including her brief analysis of Fairfax vs SL and how that trickles down to education. In all honesty, I think you're worrying about this more than necessary (since you have already said your children can attend school in VA anyway as you're keeping your house there) and certainly a little far in advance considering the ages of your children. Good luck at any rate.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,842,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_residents View Post
Thanks for the clarification about Clements SAT score is based on 1600 scale. Clements's 2007 SAT score is comparable to rank #7 in Fairfax public school. Fairfax county has 25 public schools. So Clements is a good school.

We are looking for a house in Sugarland and we like new house only. Telfair is a new community. Do you know Telfair? What is the fair price per square foot?
Telfair is not zoned to Clements.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Wait....I just read her kids are 2 and 4......

Why the heck are you asking about high school when they aren't even in pre-school yet. Do you understand how much high schools change from decade to DECADE?? LMAO.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,937,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
Telfair is not zoned to Clements.
Yeah, there really are no NEW homes zoned to Clements. I probably would've bought one

Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 PM

93 posts, read 283,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
Wait....I just read her kids are 2 and 4......

Why the heck are you asking about high school when they aren't even in pre-school yet. Do you understand how much high schools change from decade to DECADE?? LMAO.
Right? Hahahaha. Westfield(the school i've been referring to) was a good school 10 years ago, now it's a complete ****hole. And that's literally 1 decade. Oh man, I feel bad for your kids, you have their high school planned out when they're not even old enough for kindergarten...I'm not saying Clements is gonna be a bad school in 10 years, but I bet it won't be as good as it is now, which is funny because you asked for the current SAT scores, in 10 years who knows if kids will even be taking the SAT?

Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 PM

164 posts, read 364,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictis View Post
Oh man, I feel bad for your kids, you have their high school planned out when they're not even old enough for kindergarten...
My kids are lucky to have us as their parents. We started planning early as we set up their education funds when they were born. My 4 year old kid goes to a preschool which teaches computer. I know my other colleagues and friends send their kids to nice preschools too. One colleague has three boys and all of them went to TJ High. Another colleague has son got into TJ this year. My other friend's daughter graduated from TJ two years ago. Their parents are just average persons, not super smart type. If kids work hard, they can get into TJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston