Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 08:38 PM
cla

898 posts, read 3,307,151 times

Advertisements

yes, dues go up, but sometimes they go down - depends on the expenses from the previous year as well as the budget for the upcoming year. I expected dues to go up this year because of the new hoa builiding. As far as the rules go - they DO NOT enforce street parking. If you don't see a problem in your neighborhood, it's just because your neighbors are adhering to the rules. Parking in the street is not enforceable - if you do have a street parking problem in your particular neighborhood, CR will tell you that there isn't anything they can do about it. and as far as anything else (like unkempt lawns) - it's generally only enforced if neighbors complain. The community is too large for actual policing of the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 10:25 AM

8 posts, read 18,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCgrad03 View Post
Where in NOVA are you coming from?
I'm originally from the Houston area, but lived in NOVA for a VERY long time...just moved back down here with my hubby 5 years ago.
We were in Fairfax County--Chantilly to be exact!

Actually Alexandria, off 395 about 9 miles fromt he district. Great area. Houston will definitely much more affordable for us and cheaper to live. Prices are going up here so Im hoping before we move we will make a little extra $$$ off are place for a decent downpayment on something nice in Cinco Ranch area. We have our hearts set on that or Grand Lakes.

I have researched HAR.com extensively and it is a great website. I have set up email alerts to advise me when a house in our parameters is newly listed instead of checking every day! Right now inventory seems a bit slim for those areas I am looking for (#36 on HAR) but I assume its the worst time of uear to list house because of the holidays. Hopefully inventory will pick up a little bit after New Years which will be perfect because I dont think we will be looking to move until springtime, depending on my employer.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:51 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,756,463 times
Cinco, Seven Meadows, and Grand Lakes are all great neighborhoods, taxes are going to run you about 9(at the very least)/12k per year in the 300/400k price range. HOA is high but I think it's worth it considering what you're getting. I would also check out some of the other South Katy areas like Kelliwood and Green Trails, you'll find bigger trees, bigger lots, cheaper Taxes & HOA, with homes just as nice (in most cases nicer IMHO) as Cinco, SM, and GL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston