Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 AM

18 posts, read 119,620 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where you can buy Bauer hockey skates in Houston?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksingingbreeze View Post
Does anyone know where you can buy Bauer hockey skates in Houston?

Thanks!
The proshop at the Aerodrome near the Willowbrook Mall carries Bauer. Aerodrome (http://www.aerodromes.com/ProShop.aspx - broken link)

Also, the Sugarland Ice Center Pro Shop carries bauer: Sugar Land Ice & Sports Center » PRO SHOP

Skate Texas (same area) carries Reebok, CCM and Graf skates: Skate Texas. The Houston Gulf Coast's premier ice skating shop serving all you hockey, figure skate and roller skate needs.-Skate Texas Ice Skating equipment for figure skating and ice hockey

There's also a proshop at the rink in the Memorial City Mall, but I don't know what brands they carry: Pro Shop (http://www.iceskatememorialcity.com/proshop.php - broken link)

Not sure how experienced you are with hockey skates, so don't take this the wrong way, but the most important thing is to have the person properly fitted for the skates. Every line of skates fits differently... while the bauer supreme line works for some, the RBK 8K line may work for others. I've heard Skate Texas has the largest variety of skates in Houston... so even though they don't carry Bauer, you may give them a try first. Also, if you're looking for the widest selection, the hockey shops in the Dallas area are far superior.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM

Thank you so much for the info!
My husband has had hockey skates in the past and likes Bauer, but I couldn't seem to find them anywhere. (He is originally from Colorado, so skates where a little easier to come by!)

Old 11-24-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksingingbreeze View Post
Thank you so much for the info!
My husband has had hockey skates in the past and likes Bauer, but I couldn't seem to find them anywhere. (He is originally from Colorado, so skates where a little easier to come by!)
No doubt about that, I'm from Michigan and it was nice having multiple places within 10-15 miles to get equipment/skates sharpened etc.

If he's had bauer before, and they've worked, then they should have something that fits his foot. Bauer has two main lines of skates (well technically three, but you won't find the third around here) the Vapor line and the Supreme line. Each line has 4 or 5 different models that run the spectrum of price/quality from $100 to $200 or so all the way up to $600 or 700 for top of the line. If this is a Christmas present, I'd still recommend taking him to try on skates rather than surprising him. Oh, also (again not sure if you know and not sure when his last pair was bought) but a rather recent advancement for skates is they are slightly heat moldable. Skate shops have these convection oven that bake the skate for a few minutes... then the customer ties up the skate and wears them for awhile in order to mold the boot to the foot, producing a better fit. It makes it so there is just about zero break-in time (used to take AT LEAST a few hours of skating before skates would be broken in).

Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM

Yes, I bet Michigan had a few more options than around here for skates!
I was definitely planning on having him try on the skates. I have had skates before and it would be impossible to pick them out for someone else.
Really neat about the heat mold-ability. I had custom made skates back in the day, but even they took several hours to break in.
Thanks again!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Oh, shut up Chris. Your prices suck.

Ronnie
Not to mention they don't even sell the x:60's on their site... nor does anyone sell the x:60's as they are 3 years old and have been replaced by another model.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: