Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times

Advertisements

Some bozo broke into my Apartment, stole a check and wiped out my bank account. Chase went after him ( according to them ) and so did the HPD. Cashed the check somewhere near the border to Mexico and there he went back home to Mexico. I wasn't gonna report it to HPD at first, but thank god I did.
Turned out that bozo was an Illegal who came back ( Of course he put down his name on the check). Looks like he got caught and was supposed to be deported. All I know is that they charged him with fraud ( was more than 10k Dollars) and he served some time in jail before he got deported again. LoL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,215,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
One of my friends got his car shot up with an AK. He was going to see his family on Cavalcade in the Northside and some fools rushed his car and started spraying. Luckily my friend played dead or that hot lead would've done him in.
Yikes!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 PM

491 posts, read 1,261,529 times
Some idiot broke in my truck in Clear Lake to steal the radio. He broke the glass on the window and cut himself. He then proceeded to still rip the radio out of the dash bleeding all the while. It ended up looking like someone had been shot in my truck. What a mess.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,557,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
The car in front of me then ran the red light, apparently to give me a chance to get away. But I didnt run. I got mad. I'd had lasik surgery the previous month and had special goggles to protect my eyes from wind damage. I put the goggles on quickly and grabbed my eyeglass case, holding it like a gun. Then I took a "shooter stance" and aimed the eyeglass case at the five men. They ran like the cowards they were, abandoning their car on the street.
This isn't funny......but it made me laugh. I'm glad that this worked out for you!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Thanks, RCH. I dont know what got into me. I just got so mad and acted without thinking. How dare those creeps try that in broad daylight at a crowded intersection?????????? I'm getting mad all over again, just thinking about it.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:06 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
As some of you know because I complained a lot here when it happened, someone smashed my car window and stole my purse in the 5 minutes it took me to pick up my daughter at school in Sugar Land. Between the Blackberry, the iPod, the Plantronics headset, the digital voice recorder for work, and a bunch of cash that I collected when a co-worker paid me back for a gift card I put on my credit card for a departing colleague, it cost me about $1000 out-of-pocket for 5 minutes of carelessness. (For those of you wondering about insurance, the deductible for my homeowner's insurance is $1500, so that didn't help. And I learned that auto insurance doesn't cover the valuables in a car.)

Last edited by Topaz; 01-04-2010 at 08:36 PM..

Old 01-05-2010, 01:36 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
I witnessed a crack head trying to break into my car. I was getting some stuff at the H.E.B off OST and as me and my friend were leaving ; we walked over to my car and saw this dude trying to open my car with a hanger. I just looked at him and said it's not locked and he ran.

If only I had stayed inside much longer; he would've stole it!

I hate that car so much lol

Old 01-05-2010, 02:22 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,544,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
As some of you know because I complained a lot here when it happened, someone smashed my car window and stole my purse in the 5 minutes it took me to pick up my daughter at school in Sugar Land. Between the Blackberry, the iPod, the Plantronics headset, the digital voice recorder for work, and a bunch of cash that I collected when a co-worker paid me back for a gift card I put on my credit card for a departing colleague, it cost me about $1000 out-of-pocket for 5 minutes of carelessness. (For those of you wondering about insurance, the deductible for my homeowner's insurance is $1500, so that didn't help. And I learned that auto insurance doesn't cover the valuables in a car.)
Do you recall anything similar happening to you in Oregon (or anyplace else, for that matter)?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:40 PM

3,702 posts, read 18,215,075 times
We had some crack heads do a demolition derby (8 vehicles hit 2 totaled) down our W Main one night after the 94 flood. My neighbors and I were all parked on the street (underground garage was still flooded) as were the overflow customers at the cofee shop across the way. It was a bit comical (they missed my car thank God) as the patrons of the cofee house and all the folks on the street boiled out and with the help of a tow truck blocked the perpetrators and held them in their car with bats and other objects until the police arrived. Those 4 guys were really scared with an angry crowd of 20 or more confronting them.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:05 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,827,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Do you recall anything similar happening to you in Oregon (or anyplace else, for that matter)?
No, not to me. My husband's apartment was robbed in Austin.

I think the crime might be worse overall in Houston metro than in the Pacific Northwest but I haven't looked up the stats to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston