Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 AM

17 posts, read 61,273 times

Advertisements

I am in desperate need of a remedy to abolish these unsightly creatures. I see at least a bug each day and it's annoying. I live on the first floor in the Galleria/River Oaks area and the exterminator comes but nothing. I need help on how to best get rid of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
I've posted so many times about BENGAL GOLD DRY ROACH SPRAY that some people here think I work for that company. (I dont but I wish I had stock in it.) I get mine at walgreens.com but you can probably get it elsewhere cheaper. Be sure to get the GOLD, though. It's awesome:

Gold Roach Spray | Walgreens

Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Bengal makes good bug killing stuff

Old 01-12-2010, 11:45 AM

912 posts, read 2,556,787 times
Another vote for Bengal- screw the 'pest guy' who just comes sprays some half hearted sheet and buggers off again with your money.

Buy some bengal and a sprayer, safety gear on and kill those mfers for good. If a job is worth doing then it's worth doing well and doing it yourself.

Alternatively carry on paying some clown to do nothing like all my idiot neighbours who seem to have severe pest infestations while I have none.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:05 AM

128 posts, read 273,409 times
Stop eating crunchy foods. You will make less crumbs and they will have to move out or starve. Problem solved.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:34 AM

1,192 posts, read 3,482,755 times
Roach Proof works for me. Very fine milled Boric Acid is the key (there are generics out there too). It doesn't kill immediately but clings to the microscopic hairs on their body, which they drag into the nest to eventually kill other family members through slow suffocation. I know it sounds like inhumane genocide of the cuddly creatures but it'll pretty completely rid your house of vermin for months at a time. Just have to give it 3 or 4 days to become effective.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 8,126 times
we moved into this house 3 months ago, and although there were quite a few 'roaches at first, after i hadcleaned thoroughly and laid 'roach motels, sprayed daily, laid those things that they carry food to the nest and it kills the rest, AND used powder poison in my cupboards, not to mention caulking every gap and hole i could find, they seemed to lessen a lot, i still se one every 4-5 days but i can just about cope with that, but tonight, i got up to get a glass of milk as i couldn't sleep, turned the kitchen light on and omg! i saw a 'roach the size of a frog scurrying under the water heater! i feel sick that i am sharing my home with these monsters! all the others i have seen have been medium sized brownish ones, some a little larger than medium too, but i have NEVER seen any the size this one that i saw tonight was! HELP ME.... we dont have a lot of money and we haven't had any spare for a professional bug sprayer yet, but, i can't go on like this, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-26-2010, 03:20 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,656,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openedskittles View Post
Stop eating crunchy foods. You will make less crumbs and they will have to move out or starve. Problem solved.
A roach can live off of a greasy thumbprint for over a week. I don't think it's just crumbly foods that are the problem.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
As some others posters have said, boric acid is what you need. It can be found in tablet form or Home Depot has the powdered stuff. It's about a quart size plastic bottle, less than ten bucks.

Put the tablets in cabinets, back in the corners, in place where woodwork edges don't touch. Use the powder the same and anywhere one of the mo fo's can slip thru a crack.

Keep the stuff away from children and pets.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:16 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
Those are just Texas fleas. Y'all scared of Texas fleas? Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston