U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 PM

789 posts, read 854,837 times
Or you talking about the New Orleans Bourbon street? Because I would put all of my voluntary power into making that happen, haha. I just came from there 2 months ago and have been itching to go back.

I love New Orleans!

Also, yeah yeah I know about the Politicians. The older I get the more I realize most should be thrown out of office and/or in jail.*Sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:40 PM

11,206 posts, read 16,548,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpar View Post
Or you talking about the New Orleans Bourbon street?
As opposed to the Houston one?

I suppose such a thing wouldn't do much for nightlife here, being we're so boring and all. But since this is a long way from happening, if ever, I suppose we can figure out how to have a good time here in HTX when we can't get to N'Awlins. Besides, I suppose Bourbon Street isn't everyone's bag.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM

8,758 posts, read 7,835,468 times
Here is a construction timeline: Construction Schedule

Old 01-25-2010, 10:51 PM

As I suspected - "University Line Final Design anticipated Spring 2010." Translation: no dirt gets turned for at least a year later. Here's hoping for sooner though. Getting UH connected to downtown could be interesting.

There's also the Red Line extension that ought to breathe some new life into the northside. So we'll have something to watch other than construction along Richmond after all from here to 2015.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Here is a construction timeline: Construction Schedule
Thanks, that was really helpful. I nice laid out site for once.

I still don't see why they don't have the Rail going in a straighter line when you go out west. There are plenty of places to go on Westheimer(past the Galleria). I wouldn't complain so much even if it was on Richmond. Or if it was on San Felipe(might make the rich even richer over there though). When I think about San Felipe it might not work actually. The street can take off further away from where you want to go, haha.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
As I suspected - "University Line Final Design anticipated Spring 2010." Translation: no dirt gets turned for at least a year later. Here's hoping for sooner though. Getting UH connected to downtown could be interesting.

There's also the Red Line extension that ought to breathe some new life into the northside. So we'll have something to watch other than construction along Richmond after all from here to 2015.

Some links on that page are missing, so I can't really see the University line. I would also like to see what the rail does for the North Side. I can't think of one thing I go up that way for.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Some links on that page are missing, so I can't really see the University line. I would also like to see what the rail does for the North Side. I can't think of one thing I go up that way for.
Cheap Mexican food would be first on my mind if I had to go based on what's sitting there at the time. Although I kind of liked the gritfest from the shoot I did up in that direction en route to the Heights from DT. The skyline shots were killer too. I probably get more hits on Flickr from those than about anything else I've got.

I could've sworn I heard of a Wal-Mart getting built on/around the line as part of the Northline Mall redevelopment which is supposed to be along the lines of Gulfgate. Now, even if you can do without the 150,000 square foot smorgasbord of cheap crap, there'd be that option for inner loop residents who can't. Mind, considering we're talking about a couple years from now at least, we have no idea where the economy will be, and that might determine what goes up where even before new rail.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 PM

Lol, I already have my cheap Mexican food. I even have Taco Trucks over here.

I'm sure there will be businesses popping up around many parts of the rail. People would be stupid not to do it. But...if they don't I would be very happy to get my first business off the ground.

Kendall's "Whatever Shop/Place". Located at several areas along the rails.

Last edited by Kenpar; 01-25-2010 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: More

Old 01-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Kendall's "Whatever Shop/Place". Located at several areas along the rails.
Maybe I can be your publicity manager, doing promotional photo shoots and such. There's always the chance I'll have upgraded to a camera that didn't come out of a Cracker Jack box by then. This could even be my big break out of the digital underground. First Houston, then the world.

Let's do a campaign where we go "Kendall's - your preferred stop on the Toy Train To Nowhere!"

Old 01-26-2010, 08:39 AM

13,093 posts, read 13,594,211 times
Thanks jfre for the pictures. Good to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston