U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:37 PM

11,312 posts, read 17,002,614 times
No problem. I'll be on the lookout for more signs of progress (or signs of regress).

Speaking of signs of regress, I just noticed that the guy in bed on the sign up there on Richmond covering up in a Houston Chronicle looks like a goofy caricature of Bill White. No, really, I took that picture like a month ago and that just occurred to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 12:32 AM

572 posts, read 692,139 times
HA! The Uptown line's color would be gold.

Also, is it me or are the construction phases numbered backwards? Does it say "phase one to end spring 2011, phase two to begin spring 2010"? Did they get their years mixed up or are they counting down instead of up?

[mod edit - 10 post to link off site]

Last edited by Oildog; 02-15-2010 at 09:31 AM..

Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 AM

11,312 posts, read 17,002,614 times
As long as it's not "yellow." You know, Chinatown's not that far from there...(there was a similar controversy with a new MARTA line in Atlanta)

Not sure on the "phase" construction timetable. Maybe the preparations for the new lines' construction (e.g. realigning utility lines) part of phase 1? "2" is under way with construction of the East End line...which I think they're still calling the "Brown Line." Funny how nobody's said anything about that, or at least I haven't heard. Good on us if we haven't, because it's utterly irrelevant.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 AM

13,343 posts, read 14,169,188 times
Yeah that threw me off as well. I think they are saying that phase one will end in Spring 11 but they will begin on phase 2 anyway in the Spring of this year.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 AM

8,886 posts, read 8,172,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
As long as it's not "yellow." You know, Chinatown's not that far from there...(there was a similar controversy with a new MARTA line in Atlanta)

Not sure on the "phase" construction timetable. Maybe the preparations for the new lines' construction (e.g. realigning utility lines) part of phase 1? "2" is under way with construction of the East End line...which I think they're still calling the "Brown Line." Funny how nobody's said anything about that, or at least I haven't heard. Good on us if we haven't, because it's utterly irrelevant.
The East End Line will be the Green Line (for green card): East End Line Landing Page

Old 02-15-2010, 04:12 PM

572 posts, read 692,139 times
I live in East End in some of those new town homes that are kind of peppered around here. My roommate went jogging and I sent him on a recon mission over there to see how things look...

...I hope he comes back :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston