U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:23 AM

10,427 posts, read 28,431,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
If you look through his posts, desertsun is on a mission to over-exaggerate how bad the housing market is.
It is bad. You dont agree? Only a Realtor might say things are good in the housing industry. Sure Houston is not as bad as many cities but it sure ain't good. Where I just came from, 70% of every home is in some stage of foreclosure. That taste will remain in my mouth no matter how better Houston might be.

Just as many Houston Home Builders have bit the dust and went under as anywhere else. Houston home starts are down 29% in 2009 and down 24% from 2007 to 2008. This year is expected to be worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,619,952 times
Quote:
Never heard of them. Could be some bankrupt builder under a new name.
Do you even think before you start typing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
Not quite. Triumph Homes is a several year old start up with operations in Houston and a small presence in Dallas. It is lead by two long time veterans of the homebuilding industry. The President of Triumph Homes ran Legacy Homes in Houston for many years, which later become part of the Meritage Corporation. He ran the Meritage Houston division successfully for many years. He left that position to join forces with a partner and start a new privately owned venture, Triumph Homes.

If you simply go to their website, they have pretty comprehensive bio's available. At that point, it would be fairly easy to research any history that may be relevant.

There are many clowns that have made an appearance in the homebuilding business during the last decade. These guys were here long before that, and are amongst the most highly regarded.

The irony of the above captioned quote should be evident to the poster, as well.
+1

Mickey Pizzitola is the main guy. I've known him for 20+ years. He's a good guy, knows his home-building, and has remained alive & afloat during these tough times. Still paying his bills too!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:49 AM

5,557 posts, read 3,744,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
It is bad. You dont agree? Only a Realtor might say things are good in the housing industry. Sure Houston is not as bad as many cities but it sure ain't good. Where I just came from, 70% of every home is in some stage of foreclosure. That taste will remain in my mouth no matter how better Houston might be.

Just as many Houston Home Builders have bit the dust and went under as anywhere else. Houston home starts are down 29% in 2009 and down 24% from 2007 to 2008. This year is expected to be worse.

well i am no realtor and i am saying houston is not nearly as bad as you are making it out to be. sure home starts are down, that is to be expected and from what i can see (being a concrete contractor in houston on new construction) 2010 is ALREADY better then both 2008 and 2009. your idea of bad and the rest of us are surely different but the numbers you where stating about this builder (and others implied) is just plain wrong.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:33 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,036,186 times
I have never heard of them, what is there to think about? No need to get your panties in a bunch because your buddy owns the company.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,619,952 times
Quote:
I have never heard of them, what is there to think about? No need to get your panties in a bunch because your buddy owns the company.
Your comment didn't end at "I've never heard of them", it was "Could be some bankrupt builder under a new name". I found that trailer unnecessary and rude. Think before you type.

In all reality, since you hadn't heard of them, and had nothing positive to contribute to this thread, you should have said nothing. That's what irked me.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 AM

5,557 posts, read 3,744,485 times
i have to agree with chris on this one.

i thought the same thing he did, it very well COULD HAVE BEEN a bankrupt builder under a new name. dont get offended, it is a very real situation these days and is happening all over. david powers as an example still owes me about $45,000, he went bankrupt, and is now in the process of opening a new company in a different name.

just because you know the guy and he doesnt, doesnt mean he intended to be rude or discredit the guy he just stated a VERY real possibility.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:22 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,036,186 times
Thanks Rigas.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:03 PM

7 posts, read 10,851 times
Yes. Very small company of 15. Can barely afford to get a loan to build a home. Just because the owners are familiar with other companies and running them does not mean they have the experience to run their own. For instance, they once had an inventory home sit on the ground for over a year before they knew it was missing insulation in the attic.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:25 PM

145 posts, read 298,707 times
Any other comments on this builder? I saw a model home of theirs in Sienna Plantation and Shadow Creek that peaked my interest.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 AM

8 posts, read 6,784 times
Default fairfield triumph homes

has anyone built a new contruction home with this builder? what kind of incentives and $ off did you recieve off the base price?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston