Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 AM

2 posts, read 9,816 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are currently looking to sell our home on the North side of Bush Intercontinental Airport. We are looking at the Summerwood neighborhood off of Beltway 8 and West Lake Houston pkwy. Anyone live in or near this neighborhood who can tell me how things are going? I have heard mixed reviews about this area. How are the neighbors in this community?

J.Rodriguez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 06:28 PM

54 posts, read 182,761 times
hey my name is diana johnson and it's a very good community...i live there for the past year (recently just moved down the street from my old neighborhood walden on lake houston).. And I LOVE IT...well this is my views as a single parent....its very family genic, very nice looking, very safe..lol...it has a lot of family things to do around here, we have a park near lake houston where you can see the lake...2 community centers...we are zoned to the very elegant and fine school...atascocita high and they are about to build another high school(high school 6 not yet name) across the street from the main entrance where they are building the new cvs...and not only that we are about to get a new middle school built in the community plus the elementary school we already have...so you can walk your kids to school ,or they can walk by themselfs...have policeman all around during school hours and including adult supervision...its a place where you can have any income and still live elegant....we are building new lakes now and building other models homes..uum and i think it looks more attractive than fall creek and park lakes just my opinion...and if you have a really high income we have summerlake ranch right next door(part of summerwood)..and we have commerial shops, a gas station, mcdonalds, and a starbucks and alot more things and more coming...and walmart, whatbuger, popeyes and too much for me too right is right down the street....and a lot more stuff...you can just write me back if any questions.. o yeah....the hoa is very high and taxes are high..650.00....8,567

Last edited by dianajohnson; 09-23-2007 at 06:52 PM..

Old 09-23-2007, 08:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,309 times
Mr. Rodriguez,

We live in Fall Creek just down the beltway from Summerwood and I can tell you that we love the area. We looked at homes in Summerwood, & Summer Lake Ranch before falling in love with our home in Fall Creek. I'm sure I would be happy in any of these neighborhoods. The schools are great and parents seem to take an active interest which is key. Summerwood has a really nice feel with the nature reserves, lakes, ducks, and little shops. It's also great to be close to the airport. I just took my husband to the airport today, I left at 9:15 and I was back home by 9:40. He travels quite a bit so this is a luxury for us. Add about five minutes on to that for Summerwood. I think with the addition of upscale Lake Shore & Water's Edge, this area is really up and coming in a good way. It's definately starting to feel like the nice side of town. I would agree with the PP that taxes are high...but with all the new homes, you need more schools and infrastructure.

There are some great home deals in the area right now due to forclosures & some mortgage fraud issues...hopefully you can get a steel. I wish we could have waited to buy our home this year. doh! Oh well. Good luck in your home search. ~K~

Old 09-24-2007, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 10,837 times
Hi!!

Just a word of advise. Make sure where you choose it is a master planned community.!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: