Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 08:12 PM

958 posts, read 2,573,859 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking at furniture and finding it very difficult to find what we like but at a reasonable cost.

What we have found and loved are some rustic looking dining room furniture at World Market.

Anyone have any suggestions on stores they have liked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 PM

912 posts, read 2,556,971 times
good furnature stoores are slagarea furnature

Old 02-14-2010, 08:22 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,832,525 times
The prices are cheap enough at World Market but the furniture quality is pretty poor.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunn View Post
good furnature stoores are slagarea furnature
Aight!

Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Aight!
The British are known very well for something in Europe. I think that was it.

Anyway, I say IKEA! Very nice furniture at reasonable prices. I love IKEA. THey don't have a lot of "rustic looking" tables, but I saw a few the last time. I'd still check it out.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 AM

488 posts, read 1,383,402 times
The Dump, Star Furniture, BEL Furniture, Gallery Furniture, Pier 1 Imports, Ashley Furniture, Exclusive Furniture, Room Store, Rooms to Go - just some of the stores we have visited in the past year. There is a nice import store on Katy Freeway - it's next to a patio store but I can't remember it's name.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:47 PM

293 posts, read 1,035,759 times
I love Tista's and Star in Katy. Wonderful quality. Tista's service and quality are so good!

Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 AM

173 posts, read 411,562 times
Dont recommend bel furniture. Horrible quality. great experiences with gallery.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:14 PM

201 posts, read 914,803 times
We've been doing a lot of furniture shopping lately. Here's my rundown:

- Gallery Furniture: great selection, same day delivery, good quality, but expensive.
- Cost Plus: limited selection, decent quality, and inexpensive. We bought a kitchen table from them.
- Home Source: if you like Cost Plus, then you'll also like Home Source. Generally good quality, and prices are average. Their inventory changes all the time, and they have a lot of unique wood pieces.
- Crate and Barrel: I like their style of furniture, and I find their stuff to be more comfortable (to me) than other furniture stores. Quality is average and the prices are on the high side.
- Chic Warehouse. I just discovered this store in the Heights and it's now #1 on my list. It has Crate and Barrel / Pottery Barn style furniture at much cheaper prices. Nothing is in stock, so you have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery, but the prices and selection are good. You can pick almost any type of upholstery for their stuff, so you aren't stuck with whatever is on the floor.
- Star: quality is good; prices are a bit on the high side, but generally not my style of furniture.
- Ashley: nice looking, cheaply made, inexpensive. We bought a sofa from them and it flexed like crazy when we moved it, like it was made from toothpicks. Ashley is good for a formal living room: inexpensive furniture that looks nice but you don't actually use. In fairness, some of their stuff seems to be made okay, but I would take a close look at any piece I buy from them.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM

33 posts, read 141,235 times
If you're willing to make a trip to San Antonio or Dallas, Haverty's is awesome. I really wish they had a store here. The quality is pretty good and the prices are great. I also love the style. We bought a coffee table and a sectional from them, and that is the comfyest sofa I've ever sat on. When our old mattress got to be too uncomfortable, we actually slept on it for about a week until we got a new mattress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston