U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 07:56 PM

447 posts, read 993,656 times

Advertisements

Any recommendation for a good traffic ticket lawyer in Houston? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:18 PM

5,534 posts, read 12,888,107 times
Default Maybe...

Paul Kubosh. (713) 222-0990

My co-worker swore on this guy... 'said he got him out of three tickets. I was skeptical, but hired him for $75.00. The ticket I received was for speeding in a construction zone with workers present. There were no workers present, I even took pictures. As for speeding, yes, I was, but was not going to admit to it.

Fast forward to my trial... The Kubosh attorney argued on my behalf that the second officer who actually had the radar gun was not present, therefore, the guy who wrote the ticket went on hearsay. The Judge agreed. The City of Houston dismissed my ticket based on 'Lack of Evidence', thanks to the work of the attorney representing Kubosh. Like my co-worker, he got me off completely. Caveat Emptor.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

My co-worker swore on this guy... 'said he got him out of three tickets. I was skeptical, but hired him for $75.00. The ticket I received was for speeding in a construction zone with workers present. There were no workers present, I even took pictures. As for speeding, yes, I was, but was not going to admit to it.

Fast forward to my trial... The Kubosh attorney argued on my behalf that the second officer who actually had the radar gun was not present, therefore, the guy who wrote the ticket went on hearsay. The Judge agreed. The City of Houston dismissed my ticket based on 'Lack of Evidence', thanks to the work of the attorney representing Kubosh. Like my co-worker, he got me off completely. Caveat Emptor.
Thanks! I will definitely call him up.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:32 PM

15,237 posts, read 20,185,903 times
Good info, Hook. Reps to you.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:36 AM

377 posts, read 1,227,549 times
HTBU,

Did you have to go to the court with the lawyer ? Or, the lawyer did it all and you were not even there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post

Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM

5,534 posts, read 12,888,107 times
Default Yes...

On the arraignment, you don't have to be present. But you must be present on your court date if I'm not mistaken. Your first date, the one noted on the ticket, is only for arraignment, or if you want to plead guilty... if you have an attorney, you will not plead guilty of course.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM

799 posts, read 2,131,234 times
Not saying one is better than the other, but David Sprecher practically invented that business in Houston, and has an outstanding reputation.

www.davidsprecher.com

Old 03-08-2010, 01:17 PM

I called Paul Kubosh and David Sprecher...David Sprecher is very expensive! His office quoted me $140 more than Kubosh's!

Old 03-08-2010, 01:28 PM

9,274 posts, read 23,665,014 times
David Sprecher for sure.

Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,817,361 times
Another option is to show up to your arraignment and plead "not guilty". Request a trial by jury. Your court date will likely not be for four months. About six days before your court date, go downtown and request for your trial date to be moved. This will lessen the chance of the police officer showing up to your trial. Even if he does show up on your new date, the traffic court generally can only go through 2 trials a day. If you stick it out, it is likely your chances of your case being chosen will be either one in five or one in four as their will be 8 to 10 other people doing the same thing. Furthermore, if you only have a minor charge, your chances of your case being thrown out are even greater as the judge will have to choose between you and quite likely cases with multiple charges, DUI etc.

What I am telling you to do is more or less what a traffic attorney will do for you anyways. Traffic court is nothing more than a numbers game. You can pretty easily do it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston