Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:02 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

richzre, please let it go. We get it. You dont like paying the late fees/attorney fees. But you're repeating yourself and it's getting old.

Man up. Pay up. Shut up.

(And, yes, now I'm attacking you.)

Old 03-22-2010, 07:06 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
richzre, please let it go. We get it. You dont like paying the late fees/attorney fees. But you're repeating yourself and it's getting old.

Man up. Pay up. Shut up.

(And, yes, now I'm attacking you.)
Then you should stop ranting off. Got it? Let it go already.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Do you enjoy following me around, xodox? At least, when you're stalking me, you're not stalking anyone else.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Do you enjoy following me around, xodox? At least, when you're stalking me, you're not stalking anyone else.
Don't want me to read your posts? Then stop ranting off in the Houston forum.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,002,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richzre View Post

You clearly don't get if you think the lawyers aren't the ones benefitting. Out of my $2100 that I'll pay, who is getting the majority of that money? Come on, say it. Who?
I think everyone here has been pretty clear that it IS the lawyers who are benefiting from the $ 2100.They don't drive BMW's and live in country clubs on $25 an hr fees.But when you cause your creditors to have to resort to a lawyer to collect money because you refuse to respond to them,exactly whose fault is that?You ignored letters from the HOA for a YEAR.And it sounds like you probably didn't even open one up to bother reading it,because I can almost guarantee that they told you at some point in one of them that they would turn it over to an attorney if you refused to reply to them and communicate with them.

The bottom line is that you brought ALL of this on yourself.You bought a home in an HOA without researching the issue,you didn't read your contract before signing ( which anyone with sense does,BTW),you didn't pay your dues on time,you didn't go to the HOA and tell them you were having some financial trouble and ask if you could pay them late or pay them out over a few months with interest,you didn't respond to letters from them when you knew why you were getting them,and you didn't bother to open one up to see what action they possibly might be threatening you with in the letters.Exactly how is any of this anyone's fault but your own?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:36 PM

847 posts, read 1,751,858 times
sounds like a broken record in here.......

Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM

20 posts, read 69,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
.But when you cause your creditors to have to resort to a lawyer to collect money because you refuse to respond to them
I caused them to send my file to a blood thirsty laywer attorney after 90 days late? Name any other creditor or organization that resorts to an attorney after 90 days late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
The bottom line is that you brought ALL of this on yourself.
Never said I didn't. Your missing the point. It's the outrageous way the HOAs try to intimidate homowners by trying to collect dues. They send it to an attorney as fast as they can. The attorney racks up bogus legal fees as fast as legally possible and pass it on to the homeowner because they know they have foreclosure power on their side.

Again, name one other creditor that can get away with charging this much, this fast over such a small amount and works to resolve a debt in this manner? Someone, just name one. Give an example.

Last edited by richzre; 03-22-2010 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: miss

Old 03-22-2010, 10:20 PM

wow.... are you serious? there are plenty of creditors that will send your debt to a collection agency after 3 months of delinquency. try not paying a car note for 3 months and i bet you'll be getting your car repo'd...and as PLENTY of people have already said, if you would've read the contract, you would've of known this.

i'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet...it's ridiculous.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:21 PM

20 posts, read 69,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelion_ms3 View Post
wow.... are you serious? there are plenty of creditors that will send your debt to a collection agency after 3 months of delinquency.
Collection agency or Attorney. Nice try

Old 03-22-2010, 10:23 PM

regardless....they turned it over to someone else to attempt to collect the debt because they weren't successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston