Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:31 PM

2,548 posts, read 4,053,700 times

Advertisements

It's getting hard to tell who's kidding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ut View Post
The census is required by the Constitution, it is not "stimulus for the post office". Also they did a study on response rates and sending the post cards saves them millions of dollars because it was shown to increase the response rate and saves them having to hire people to go door to door and gather the information. Please continue your ranting below.
Do you believe everything your govt tells you? If so why? They have never told any truth since the beginning of the George Washington term.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Just curious. Does anyone know if there is yet another useless law that requires us peasants to fill those stupid things out? If so how would they find out if some one did not? I don't suspect they have bouncer like Fat Cat Bureaucrats on tax payer payroll who's job is to track us down. Ummm......is there? And if so what is the penalty for refusing to fill one out?

Is there anyone else out there who sees this whole census crap as a waste of money since the IRS already knows how many tax payers there are and how many dependents they have? Forgive my mistrust for your useless criminal, corrupt, lying conniving govt. They never gave me/us any reason to trust their motives for such things as counting us or any other reason they seek private information for.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Just curious. Does anyone know if there is yet another useless law that requires us peasants to fill those stupid things out? If so how would they find out if some one did not? I don't suspect they have bouncer like Fat Cat Bureaucrats on tax payer payroll who's job is to track us down. Ummm......is there? And if so what is the penalty for refusing to fill one out?

Is there anyone else out there who sees this whole census crap as a waste of money since the IRS already knows how many tax payers there are and how many dependents they have? Forgive my mistrust for your useless criminal, corrupt, lying conniving govt. They never gave me/us any reason to trust their motives for such things as counting us or any other reason they seek private information for.
Here you go:
How It Affects the Nation - 2010 Census (http://2010.census.gov/2010census/why/index.php - broken link)

Old 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,736,420 times
221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

* (a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age, refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

* (b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500.

* (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

Sec. 222. Giving suggestions or information with intent to cause inaccurate enumeration of population

Whoever, either directly or indirectly, offers or renders to any officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof engaged in making an enumeration of population under subchapter II, IV, or V of chapter 5 of this title, any suggestion, advice, information or assistance of any kind, with the intent or purpose of causing an inaccurate enumeration of population to be made, shall be fined not more than $1,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

I believe the money collected from fines is used to pay for indoctrination camps where children are taught to praise Chairman Obama and hate free market economics.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
Here you go:
How It Affects the Nation - 2010 Census (http://2010.census.gov/2010census/why/index.php - broken link)
Ok I read it. It was all hogwash. I saw no good reasons given, only reasons with no explanation.

As Cris shows, there is a $500 fine. I still wonder if some govt clown is out there on tax payer payroll looking for those who don't fill it out. That said, has this fine ever been imposed in America?

Not a whole lot of information out there. Could be because the vast majority of Americans are as gullible as livestock in captivity and will do and believe anything their govt tells them. Count me out of that group as well as all those who already REPed me for such a curious and simple post I did regarding this. Not everyone trusts this govt.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM

How is the determination of government representation not a good reason? Have you heard of the "House of Representatives?" It's sort of an important government body. Based on representation. Based on numbers of people.

Where were you in elementary school?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
wow .... all this paranoia must be EXHAUSTING........

Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Will this website post the Census results?

Old 03-29-2010, 04:46 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
How is the determination of government representation not a good reason? Have you heard of the "House of Representatives?" It's sort of an important government body. Based on representation. Based on numbers of people.

Where were you in elementary school?
you once again miss his point. what he is saying 1st off is what does the census do that the irs doesnt already know? there is not a single piece of information the census gathers that the irs doesnt already have EXCEPT race. my tax forms do not express my race. in a country that "all men are created equal" then why do we still need to know your race? affirmative action? the president is black, i dont think affirmative action still applies.

the census bureau is an antiquated, out dated waste of money. it is more of the govt double spending to get half the work done.

kind of like if i paid a concrete finisher to come back on every now and then to refinish all the slabs my other finishers already poured and finished.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston