U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,000,185 times

Advertisements

We went to the one in Gonzales and it was bumping crazy but the kids enjoyed it and had found a pop gun and raccoon hat they had wanted but I told them they had to wait just in case they saw something else they wanted while on a mini vaca. I was thinking they would all be the same but not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 PM

8,984 posts, read 15,716,915 times
It's a gas station that has deer feeders, dippin' dots and day old BBQ. I still don't get it.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:20 PM

443 posts, read 798,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
It's a gas station that has deer feeders, dippin' dots and day old BBQ. I still don't get it.
Nah, it's much more than that. Fresh made-to-order sandwiches/wraps with all kinds of different toppings/fillings (i love their homemade potato chips). You can order in person or on a sophisticated touch screen system. Freshly made smoothies...what other gas station in the world can you get a fresh fruit smoothie?? The bathrooms are ALWAYS sparkling when I stop...even if it's crowded. All kinds of "gourmet" bucee brand nuts/popcorn/jellies etc. Yes, it's gimicky but I drive a lot and will go out of my way to stop at a bucees because its clean, you can get some healthy foods (for a gas station) and the staff are very friendly.

The basic/smaller bucees gas stations in Giddings, Gonzales, Eagle Lake, Alvin etc are more like regular gas stations and less impressive. Their "super" buccees in Luling, Wharton and the newest one in Madisonville are truly amazing travel stops when compared to the nastiness that is common at Loves, Valero, Race Track etc.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:26 PM

6,635 posts, read 9,821,607 times
Went to Christmas party and this woman there had on quite an eye-catching belt. Everyone was commenting on it -- she finally fessed up - it came from one of those super Bucees. You'd be surprised at the things you can find there.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:31 AM

829 posts, read 1,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlover View Post
Nah, it's much more than that. Fresh made-to-order sandwiches/wraps with all kinds of different toppings/fillings (i love their homemade potato chips). You can order in person or on a sophisticated touch screen system. Freshly made smoothies...what other gas station in the world can you get a fresh fruit smoothie?? The bathrooms are ALWAYS sparkling when I stop...even if it's crowded. All kinds of "gourmet" bucee brand nuts/popcorn/jellies etc. Yes, it's gimicky but I drive a lot and will go out of my way to stop at a bucees because its clean, you can get some healthy foods (for a gas station) and the staff are very friendly.

The basic/smaller bucees gas stations in Giddings, Gonzales, Eagle Lake, Alvin etc are more like regular gas stations and less impressive. Their "super" buccees in Luling, Wharton and the newest one in Madisonville are truly amazing travel stops when compared to the nastiness that is common at Loves, Valero, Race Track etc.
Truly amazing business plan....a HUGE gas station/gift shop with NO 18-wheelers allowed. They truly sniffed out an interesting market segment!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:52 AM

7,752 posts, read 18,523,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

I'm with you on that. They also have some of the nastiest tacos I've ever eaten.

I find the one in Luling to be so uncomfortably crowded it is not worth stopping in. As far as Centerville goes, Woody's Smokehouse jerky beats Buc-ees hands down.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:04 AM

15,767 posts, read 15,979,385 times
There is one on 288 at Hwy 35, dont think it has much in gifts. But the bathrooms are always really clean.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 AM

1,042 posts, read 2,000,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
We went to the one in Gonzales and it was bumping crazy but the kids enjoyed it and had found a pop gun and raccoon hat they had wanted but I told them they had to wait just in case they saw something else they wanted while on a mini vaca. I was thinking they would all be the same but not.
Make that Luling I guess...

Old 04-06-2010, 06:14 AM

11,063 posts, read 969,598 times
I've only been to the one in Madisonville. I stop there everytime I come to Houston; the best/cleanest bathrooms ever! My only gripe was last time the air machine (for car tires) was out of order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston