Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 AM

439 posts, read 1,242,259 times

Advertisements

I've been to vermont twice, burlington to be exact. It's nice lil college town. And very walkable. I just don't think you'll find that in the woodlands. But maybe you should go and drive around and see if you like it first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
It's a place you go to for a concert at the pavilion. That's pretty much it.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 AM

40 posts, read 125,428 times
So I guess the woodlands is out. I'm not a million %sure about moving yet but I know that I may have to and would need to be on the north or west side of houston. Are there safe places in the loop? Coming from a small area the big city seems scary. I'd like to find a place that has a good church with a decent singles or young professionals group. Where I'm from if a church has 15 people in my age range that's a lot. Are the suburbs of Houston like that? Such a big city has to have more than a city of 45,000. Don't you think? What about cypress tomball Katy sugarland or kingwood?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Westside is younger in certain areas than North.

Lots of late 20's early 30's singles who work on the west side are taking apartments or lofts at CityCentre. Safe, Nightlife, a Liftetime fitness. Not a mad hopping singles scene like Washington or Midtown..but if you need the location, it's certainly a nice place to be.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:34 PM

799 posts, read 2,441,692 times
This is crazy people. She is not coming from Dallas or Austin. Im quite positive The Woodlands will have plenty for her to do. They just built up a big area close to the mall that resembles midtown, with apartments, shopping, nightlife all together.

Plenty to do. Just come visit. Go out to eat at every meal and ask bartenders and waitress what is going down, what you should see. Check out the Houston Press, and citisearch.com. The Houston Press is a free newspaper that is almost entirely about the social scene around Houston. Some weird stuff advertised in there too, but its a good tool to check out where to go, eat, etc.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM

302 posts, read 885,515 times
I love plenty of bars in The Woodlands. I love visiting Old Town Spring. I love all the trees, going fishing and kayaking on Lake Woodlands, seeing movies, finding parks and trails to walk down, and my gym. I love walking around Market St and trying new places to eat and drink.

If you are a sports person, Legends Sports Complex is HUGE and has a lot of adult leagues.

You won't find a dance club anywhere near here. Most of the nightlife will be chill bars, and they are smokey because smoking in bars is only banned in the City of Houston. Downtown has a fun nightlife, sports events, etc. It is about a 25 minute drive, without traffic.

Personally, I love living in The Woodlands. I love all the places right by my house and I love the vibe. I am a 25 year old lady with a long term BF, so I couldn't comment on the single scene...but I know I get hit on from time to time when I'm out with my friends

Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times
The bars in places like the woodlands are not meant for people in their 20s.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreams View Post
I love plenty of bars in The Woodlands. I love visiting Old Town Spring. I love all the trees, going fishing and kayaking on Lake Woodlands, seeing movies, finding parks and trails to walk down, and my gym. I love walking around Market St and trying new places to eat and drink.

If you are a sports person, Legends Sports Complex is HUGE and has a lot of adult leagues.

You won't find a dance club anywhere near here. Most of the nightlife will be chill bars, and they are smokey because smoking in bars is only banned in the City of Houston. Downtown has a fun nightlife, sports events, etc. It is about a 25 minute drive, without traffic.

Personally, I love living in The Woodlands. I love all the places right by my house and I love the vibe. I am a 25 year old lady with a long term BF, so I couldn't comment on the single scene...but I know I get hit on from time to time when I'm out with my friends
The Woodlands has more stuff than exepected.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:18 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
25 minutes to Downtown? Helicopter Theory again.

The kids are at all the chain "finer dining" establishments, mom and dad never spring for a sitter. The "bar" is full of married or Divorced with 3 kids in their 40's.

I did The Woodlands in my early 30's..I still say no way. I'm not a clubber or bar hopper either. It's definately a Bunko MPC.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:41 PM

2,628 posts, read 8,833,187 times
Especially for a twenty-something moving to town who doesn't know anybody here.

The answer is still no.

And yes, 25 minutes? Are you kidding me? Going 90 mph at 3:00 in the morning maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston