Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:28 PM

46 posts, read 143,198 times

Advertisements

Both have regular/bad customer support. Uverse has better pricing than Comcast.
Uverse compresses more their channels so HD suffers a lot. Comcast has a lot better HD quality.
I love Uverse broadband internet speeds, I have ever had a service loss, drop with Uverse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 10:32 PM

571 posts, read 1,282,096 times
My roommate and I currently have ComCast and their customer service is terrible. U-Verse can only be an improvement. I have friends who have U-Verse and it seems much nicer.

My only problem is that my area doesn't get U-Verse but a friend of mine who lives maybe a mile from me does. What gives?!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo5110 View Post
My roommate and I currently have ComCast and their customer service is terrible. U-Verse can only be an improvement. I have friends who have U-Verse and it seems much nicer.

My only problem is that my area doesn't get U-Verse but a friend of mine who lives maybe a mile from me does. What gives?!
They're still expanding, they'll be out there soon enough!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:09 AM

460 posts, read 2,427,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo5110 View Post
...My only problem is that my area doesn't get U-Verse but a friend of mine who lives maybe a mile from me does. What gives?!
Have had uVerse for many years, multiple houses. I've had great experience with their customer service. After realizing that "you can record 4 shows" means four SD shows, not 4 HD (only 2 HD simultaneously), I went back and reprogrammed my DVR. At all my locations the DVR freezes momentarily on playback and I have to fast forward a few seconds to get past it. Minor irritation. Other houses this would happen while playing TV as well (above the ground wires and much older ATT infrastructure), but current house has fibre to the house and live TV experience is great. Huge capacity to store recorded shows. Great interface on DVR. Excellent ability to manage your features online. Once when kids stayed with us I needed to go from U200 to U300 so they could record a show they liked. The new channel was unlocked within the hour. Kept it unlocked for a month, then shut it down again. Pretty great service.

For vertigo5110, adding UVerse to a neighborhood that doesn't have it means ATT has to secure right-of-way for new boxes, then pour pads and install the boxes (newer neighborhoods already have the infrastructure). This takes some time. I suggest frequent calls to their customer service asking about service to your address. Couldn't hurt and might help if it's a coin toss between two neighborhoods on who's next.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:42 AM

102 posts, read 185,596 times
I've had it for a couple of years, and my only real gripe is the freezing that occurs when playing back recorded programs. It's REALLY annoying. But I have had better CS with them than with either Comcast or the predecessor Time Warner cable. Both of those made me want to borrow that soldering iron.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,410 times
Default Now AT&T U-Verse Wants Your Credit Card On File

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgmike View Post
Ijust called Monday to try to get a better deal. Smart guy offered me a package that was about $12 cheaper amonth for six months, then a couple dollars more per month than what I pay now. Id have to give up channels I like to do it. I said that wasnt good enough, so he "found" a slightly better deal. I said ok. He tells me they are having a hard time collecting the old receivers when people move so they are asking people to put a credit card on file to secure that. I said I have moved with your service and I did return the equipment, so they should trust me now.

He said the better deal was contingent on getting a credit card on file.

I told him to shove his deal up his........well you know.

WTF, I called to get HBO. After the pushy customer service rep/salesperson told me about their 3 months free HBO offer, he informs me that he has to read me some message. It's nothing but a pantload of nonsense about getting me to divulge my credit card info so they can have it on file in case I run off with their crappy equipment. I have a TiVo and I sure the hell wouldn't entertain using theirs.

I NEVER give out my credit card to anyone on the phone. I asked the guy if I could do it on-line and he told me NO. So I told him NO to HBO. Screw that! You're not getting my credit card info so one of your unethical employees can sell it and someone can wipe out my available credit with a bunch of unauthorized charges.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,269 times
Default my uverse is quite good.

Ive been very happy with uverse. Works great and I can get 3 and sometimes 4 tvs working HD at the same time, so they seem to have worked that out.

I guess I was so happy to get rid of Comcast that it was an easy switch, but my internet speeds are now beating my comcast internet.

The account manager at ATT took care of me and saved me some money too. He got me some new uverse customer deals that were better than online. Hes at order.att@gmail.com .

So far so good. very pleased.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray7 View Post
Ive been very happy with uverse. Works great and I can get 3 and sometimes 4 tvs working HD at the same time, so they seem to have worked that out.

I guess I was so happy to get rid of Comcast that it was an easy switch, but my internet speeds are now beating my comcast internet.

The account manager at ATT took care of me and saved me some money too. He got me some new uverse customer deals that were better than online. Hes at order.att@gmail.com .

So far so good. very pleased.
It's been a month now and I'm pleased with uVerse. I can get 4 TV's on HD, customer service has been really responsive, and I just got a $300 gift card for signing up. It's expensive, but worth it. Are you the one that answers those emails? LOL

Ronnie

Last edited by HoustonRonnie; 08-03-2010 at 09:33 AM..

Old 08-06-2010, 07:47 PM

913 posts, read 4,344,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
I'm sure, like me, y'all have had cable, dish, Comcast, Dish Network, Direct TV and rabbit ears. Those of you that have uVerse, what's the verdict on that? I'm thinking of switching.

Ronnie
Used to have Comcast for 6 months. It really sucked. Dropped connections often, slow and unreliable. Since then (2008 and on) I am happy with Uverse cable and internet.

Read (most recent) reviews for other providers in your areas. No one is perfect. They all have their flaws.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 PM

441 posts, read 1,327,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
It's been a month now and I'm pleased with uVerse. I can get 4 TV's on HD, customer service has been really responsive, and I just got a $300 gift card for signing up. It's expensive, but worth it. Are you the one that answers those emails? LOL

Ronnie
Customer support is horrible. It always takes them 2 weeks to switch the address because there is 1 decent support person per 10 clueless... nothing you can do, no way to pay for premium support, nada, just wait 30 minutes per day(if lucky) in the caller queue. I wonder how it looks when you need something more advanced.
Ironicaly my last assignment was (south) Africa and it took local DSL provider 3 days to switch the DSL. One would think by moving to America... oh well..

Only 6Mbit and no internet content within network. Your wi-fi encryption could be cracked by any decent kid. They actively QoS(basically limit) bittorrents and other heavy volume applications. I thought 1990's and 2000's are over.. oh well...

But once it's working, it's decent, stable, latency is reasonable and unless you live in heavily aggregated area it's not increasing that much during the day. Definitely better than Dish; comcast depends on locality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston