Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 02:57 AM

1 posts, read 5,924 times

Advertisements

I want to get a digital perm so bad! Anyone have any recommendations of places to go in Houston??

Also, my hair is shoulder length. Do you think that is too short?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
What is a digital perm?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM

784 posts, read 3,120,511 times
No personal experience, but pulled these up on Google:

Beauty Choice Salon - Sharpstown - Houston, TX
Houston Chinatown | Houston Message Board - digital perm

Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
As a guy who is a connoisseur of very long hair on men and women I too did not know what a digital perm is so had to look it up. It seems it is popular among Asians and that's about it.

Let me give you some advice from some one who knows and has no motive for telling you any nonsense. Men love long hair on women. There is nothing that turns off a man more then when a woman cuts it all off and looks like a little boy. Leave it long. Don't matter if it's straight, curls, waves, thick.......we dig it all.

Long beautiful hair can make an average face look pretty on a woman, especially with bangs. Short hair makes a guy question her sexuality. A recent poll in a Glamor magazine poll for men questioned what a man first notices in a woman. By an overwhelming margin hair won out over boobs, buns and legs. Long pretty hair suggests femininity, softness and sweetness while short hair suggests strong Butch personality types which no man wants.

Just like 70s music will never die, the 70s long straight hair look will never die and will always be cherished and well appreciated by men, if your man don't tell you this then communication is lacking. Most guys are scared sheetless to tell their woman about a bad personal appearance choice they made for fear of never getting sex again. So they live with it.

Do as you wish but as a guy who loves women with hair down to their azz and having the same myself, I just don't like that look. Go ask some strange guys their advice. And good luck!!

Old 05-02-2010, 02:45 PM

190 posts, read 575,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
As a guy who is a connoisseur of very long hair on men and women I too did not know what a digital perm is so had to look it up. It seems it is popular among Asians and that's about it.

Let me give you some advice from some one who knows and has no motive for telling you any nonsense. Men love long hair on women. There is nothing that turns off a man more then when a woman cuts it all off and looks like a little boy. Leave it long. Don't matter if it's straight, curls, waves, thick.......we dig it all.

Long beautiful hair can make an average face look pretty on a woman, especially with bangs. Short hair makes a guy question her sexuality. A recent poll in a Glamor magazine poll for men questioned what a man first notices in a woman. By an overwhelming margin hair won out over boobs, buns and legs. Long pretty hair suggests femininity, softness and sweetness while short hair suggests strong Butch personality types which no man wants.

Just like 70s music will never die, the 70s long straight hair look will never die and will always be cherished and well appreciated by men, if your man don't tell you this then communication is lacking. Most guys are scared sheetless to tell their woman about a bad personal appearance choice they made for fear of never getting sex again. So they live with it.

Do as you wish but as a guy who loves women with hair down to their azz and having the same myself, I just don't like that look. Go ask some strange guys their advice. And good luck<
And some women just don't care one iota about what men (or anyone else) thinks about the length of their hair. It's a personal choice. Also, some face shapes just aren't suited for long hair, like people with longer face shapes (more oval). It's makes their face look even longer, whereas a shorter hair cut can bring out other facial features while drawing the eyes away from the length of the face.

To the OP, from what I've read about the digital perms, I don't think the shoulder length hair would be too short for it. I'd be more concerned if you have fine hair. Otherwise, good luck! Sounds pretty interesting!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:07 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusFruit View Post
And some women just don't care one iota about what men (or anyone else) thinks about the length of their hair. It's a personal choice. Also, some face shapes just aren't suited for long hair, like people with longer face shapes (more oval). It's makes their face look even longer, whereas a shorter hair cut can bring out other facial features while drawing the eyes away from the length of the face.

To the OP, from what I've read about the digital perms, I don't think the shoulder length hair would be too short for it. I'd be more concerned if you have fine hair. Otherwise, good luck! Sounds pretty interesting!
That only becomes true after they hitch themself a man. Before marriage they do care very much how their hair looks. The number 1 complaint among men is within a week after marriage the woman's hair gets cut short and goes up in a curly ball and to hell with what anyone thinks.....including their husband.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 PM

190 posts, read 575,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
That only becomes true after they hitch themself a man. Before marriage they do care very much how their hair looks. The number 1 complaint among men is within a week after marriage the woman's hair gets cut short and goes up in a curly ball and to hell with what anyone thinks.....including their husband.
hahaha Maybe in your world, but trust me... there are women who really just don't care what anyone but themselves think about their hair. I know plenty of them. Besides, any guy who's going to let a woman's hair length dictate whether they're interested in them or not more than likely isn't worth the effort in the first place. Hair's hair. :: shrugs ::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: