U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:16 PM

10 posts, read 18,567 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions I want to ask to any Houstonians who won big money($1,000 or more) on the Texas Lottery scratch-off tickets.1)When you won the money,was it a $1,2,etc.ticket?2)Were you playing the same kind of scratch-off or playing different kinds of games as well?3)Did you buy your winning scratch-off in bulk (another words like say 10 three dollar scratch-offs at one time) or were you playing them one by one?4)Did you always go to one corner store,supermarket,etc. to buy scratch-offs or did you buy them at various locations?Thanks and peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 PM

10,427 posts, read 29,987,000 times
A lot of silly open ended questions there. You might get more responses if you state WHY you want those answers. I have a lot to say on lottery issues since I am a heavy player.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:12 PM

10 posts, read 18,567 times
those "silly" open ended questions are very specific.if you are not going to contribute to the thread then just keep your snarky comments to yourself.I do not WANT your take on the Texas State Lottery

Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,829,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixIsRad View Post
I have a few questions I want to ask to any Houstonians who won big money($1,000 or more) on the Texas Lottery scratch-off tickets.1)When you won the money,was it a $1,2,etc.ticket?2)Were you playing the same kind of scratch-off or playing different kinds of games as well?3)Did you buy your winning scratch-off in bulk (another words like say 10 three dollar scratch-offs at one time) or were you playing them one by one?4)Did you always go to one corner store,supermarket,etc. to buy scratch-offs or did you buy them at various locations?Thanks and peace
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. That's secret agent spyscope stuff.

Hope this helps....

Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixIsRad View Post
those "silly" open ended questions are very specific.if you are not going to contribute to the thread then just keep your snarky comments to yourself.I do not WANT your take on the Texas State Lottery
Your questions are very specific indeed. But they are incomplete. Just like face to face when you ask a question, people will ask you why.... you will get the same here. Hell with ya if you want to be that way. Your loss.

Why are you asking about the Texas lottery anyway? Are you planning to drive from Los Angeles to Texas just to buy some scratch off tickets then drive back home? Save your gas and stay there. The California lottery pays far far far more then the cheap skate Texas lottery.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 AM

1,905 posts, read 1,150,957 times
I always thought the lottery was for people who were bad at math, or never took staticstics..

Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM

2,076 posts, read 2,546,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I always thought the lottery was for people who were bad at math, or never took staticstics..
Just another tax on the poor.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
The lottery is for everybody. The best players are those who are knowledgeable in statistics and numbers. I was hoping this thread went further then the OP troll's idea so I can go into it.

The lottery is a voluntary tax. I choose to buy a ticket and that money goes into the crooked govt coffers. Every other tax is extorted from my earnings and I have no say in how much they steal from me or what they do with my money.

Provincial lotteries in Canada are NOT taxable. Winnings are free money in Canada. In the States the amount your govt steals from your winnings far exceed our highest tax bracket. Now who's more greedy?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:22 PM

7,741 posts, read 18,444,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Just another tax on the poor.
Got that right.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Got that right.
Actually if you research this you will find that is a myth. Studies show that wealthy people spend more on lottery tickets then poor people. There is even a published article on the Texas Lottery web site on just such a subject.

Now how anyone could possibly know how rich or poor a purchaser of tickets are escapes me. When was the last time you bought a ticket and the Cashier asked you if you were rich or poor?

A dumb lottery player is one who plays birthdays and special days. A smart player figures our probable odds on specific numbers coming out. If you play birthdays you will never have chosen numbers above 31 thereby lowering your odds of winning because you never chose numbers above that number.

The results of numbers and how often they come out is published on the lotto home page. For example.... on the Texas Two Step, mathematically the number 26 for the bonus number has just as equal chance of coming out as any other number. But statistically that number 26 actually comes out far more often then any other number. So choosing 26 as your bonus number every time is how smart to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston