U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 AM

1,280 posts, read 5,806,152 times

Advertisements

DPS investigates Harris County Pct. 4 Constable Office | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines (http://www.khou.com/news/defendersprecinct4-92834794.html - broken link)

The Good Ole Boy System at Work...

DPS investigates Harris County Pct. 4 Constable Office
KHOU.com

Precinct Four Constables caught abusing Background Check system.

This is somewhat disturbing as many of your local/state/national government leaders as well as prominent city/county contractors are members of masonic lodges. This is the proverbial "good ole boy system" in case you didn't know.

I'd be interested in knowing if these 'background' checks were limited to proposed members or if they were extended to include political allies/enemies/competitors as well and whether or not this info has been used to blackmail people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 07:34 AM

3,333 posts, read 8,032,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Football View Post
DPS investigates Harris County Pct. 4 Constable Office | khou.com | Khou.com - News, Houston news, Texas News, Headlines (http://www.khou.com/news/defendersprecinct4-92834794.html - broken link)

The Good Ole Boy System at Work...

DPS investigates Harris County Pct. 4 Constable Office
KHOU.com

Precinct Four Constables caught abusing Background Check system.

This is somewhat disturbing as many of your local/state/national government leaders as well as prominent city/county contractors are members of masonic lodges. This is the proverbial "good ole boy system" in case you didn't know.

I'd be interested in knowing if these 'background' checks were limited to proposed members or if they were extended to include political allies/enemies/competitors as well and whether or not this info has been used to blackmail people.
Kinda like making a long distance call from your office to your Mom or updating your Facebook Wall from work, huh. Think about it...

Just sayin'...

ronnie

Old 05-05-2010, 07:39 AM

9,274 posts, read 23,397,689 times
Do you have a problem with Masons, or Police abusing the background system?

Backgrounds checks are "abused" in almost every industry. Police shouldn't be using it for anything outside work, masons or not.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,870,341 times
You don't think they do random checks of people they meet, or folks their spouses/kids know. I had one guy in law enforcement, who frequented a pub I went to, said that I was a good guy cause he had 'checked me out in the system'.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:56 AM

5,457 posts, read 12,674,308 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You don't think they do random checks of people they meet, or folks their spouses/kids know. I had one guy in law enforcement, who frequented a pub I went to, said that I was a good guy cause he had 'checked me out in the system'.

I don' know, if someone told me that, I'd feel dirty for some reason. Violated I guess.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,870,341 times
I thought it was kind of creepy, to basically spy on someone, and I tried to avoid the guy after that.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM

14,413 posts, read 26,235,463 times
Cops without ethics? You don't say.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,457 times
You know you're in sad shape when you use Rogalski as a reliable source and even then you improperly quote allegations. Sure glad the justice system at least gives most people a chance. Your crystal ball must have told you how the investigation would come out even before they finished it. No point in waiting for the truth, let's just make some stuff up!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
This question will be somewhat of a flowing question-
Is there a watermark on your background check, showing whom pulled it up and where?
Reason being I got married a few years back, and my soon to be in-laws, lets say where all attorneys in one way or form. One in particuliar was a lawyer that represented officers for a large city in Louisiana. My father in law who contacted his sister ( the attorney at the police department ) asked her to run an FBI background check on me. This in turn got passed around to my whole new set of in laws. So on my wedding day I looked like an idiot, with everyone in the audience knowing everything about me, and I knew nothing at the time. This took place about 1 1/2 years ago. And as you can tell by the circumstance it was not a great marriage and we are getting seperated. I just found this out from my soon to be ex wife. I know this has to be illegal in some way. So I ask, is this illegal, and if so , what are the consequences for stuff like this? Thank you for your time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or