U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM

5 posts, read 10,148 times
Default Subdivisions in Cinco/Seven Meadows/Grand Lakes

Are all of the subdivisions/neighborhoods in Cinco desirable? Can you give your opinion of it is better to live in Southwest vs. West vs. North Lakes vs. South Lakes vs. South Park vs. Arbors at Willowfork, etc.? Is it more convenient to live closer to I-10 or Westpark Tollway? Is it more convenient to live on the east or west side of 99?
Also, how do Seven Meadows and Grand Lakes compare to Cinco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 11:49 AM

1,286 posts, read 3,254,635 times
I don't really think any of these are particularly more desirable than others, they have their pros and cons but are all pretty similar. From my perspective (I live in Highland Village in Cinco) it is good to live close to either of these highways, or Grand Parkway, but not TOO close...because then you may be more of a target for crime due to easy escape routes. (although crime is soooo negligible). I love where I live, it's only 5 minutes for me to be on either Westpark OR I-10 via the back of my neighborhood, out Pin Oak Rd. Seven Meadows is really nice, I love the look of the houses. Grand Lakes is nice too, although it seems to be slightly less popular for some reason...I found it to be a big overpriced (HOA and house price) for the amenaties.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:13 PM

7,131 posts, read 7,436,501 times
All of the neighborhoods are nice. It's better to look at the area as a whole - and shop houses without regards as to subdivision. The perfect house is more important than the subdivision, when it comes to south Katy.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 PM

56 posts, read 122,475 times
Not sure why you state Grand Lakes is slightly less popular. I think Grand Lakes is great, and for its location I think it beats both Cinco and Seven Meadows. It has easy access to both Grand Parkway and Westpark unlike the others where you may have to travel on some long thoroughfares to get to these major arteries.

As for the HOA dues they are higher in Grand Lakes because many of the lots in Grand Lakes are larger thus a less dense community than the others. The amount of open space per resident is greater in Grand Lakes as well as the number of pools per resident is greater and therefore less crowded. Unfortunately, you have to pay for this type of living and that equates to a slightly higher assessment. Does it really make a difference when you do the math, Cinco is over $900 and Grand Lakes is $1090. Not much money when you divide it over a 12 month period.

I echo what the others have said though, all three are very nice communities.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:37 PM

231 posts, read 599,542 times
I'm just chiming in to agree with what has been said above. Do a HAR map search and draw a box around the whole area. Find the house that works best for you, the difference in the neighborhoods will matter much less than finding a house of the right size/lot size/amenities/price.

The only thing I will say about location is be sure to drive the area you are thinking of moving to. There are some areas where I live (cinco west at seven meadows) that have very convoluted neighborhoods. Even though the entrance to the neighborhood may be quick easy access to 99 and westpark, if you live deep in the middle, it could be a 10 minute drive through a maze to get out. In which case, a house a little further away from the highways may be about the same commute total.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:32 PM

124 posts, read 493,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskid View Post
Are all of the subdivisions/neighborhoods in Cinco desirable? Can you give your opinion of it is better to live in Southwest vs. West vs. North Lakes vs. South Lakes vs. South Park vs. Arbors at Willowfork, etc.? Is it more convenient to live closer to I-10 or Westpark Tollway? Is it more convenient to live on the east or west side of 99?
Also, how do Seven Meadows and Grand Lakes compare to Cinco?

All of these communities are great. I don't think you could go wrong in either community. I lived in Seven Meadows for almost 5 years now and I love it. I love having the choice of taking I-10 or the Westpark. I spend a great deal of time in Houston so having easy access to both roads gives me more than just one choice. I also can make it to highway 59 and Beltway 8 in no time as well.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 AM

694 posts, read 1,175,057 times
They are all comperable and can't go wrong.

I live in Cinco SW (west of 99), easy to get to the westpark tollway, yes, but I am more of a 99/I-10 driver. I like my home and my neighborhood but sometimes I wish I were closer to shops, library etc... Would love to be able to ride bikes to LaCenterra or the library... instead of around more houses. I love the tree canopy east of 99 on Cinco Ranch Blvd and the beach house, and proximity to Mason Rd (where all errands are run)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston