Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 06:26 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,418,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Houston is just as diverse depending on where you live.
Where in Nor Cal?
We lived in the town of Napa 4 different times. All transfers out and back again.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Dude, that's not soul food.....
Dude, what does mine say?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
We lived in the town of Napa 4 different times. All transfers out and back again.
Napa Valley has Wine.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:51 PM

9 posts, read 15,895 times
Quote:
What made you move to Houston and/or surrounding areas?

What do you miss about CA and where did you reside in CA?

When did you move here?
I moved to Houston for an awsome job offer. Plus, while at USC I had summer internships in architecture offices in Lufkin, Houston, and Atlanta, I LOVE the South.

I miss my nook, I mean I believe you always miss your hometown to a degree even if you hate it. I know where anything and everything is and of course above all my friends. But there are airplanes true friends don't change and I'm happy here in Houston and still get shocked at how I can be in downtown or so close to it and there are normal surface parking lots and greenery! I moved here from downtown LA and grew up in LA county.

I moved mid 2008... and although I like it here my career is calling me to a new Southern city in a couple months.. Baton Rouge.

Last edited by hwall; 05-12-2010 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: spelling!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwall View Post
I moved to Houston for an awsome job offer. Plus, while at USC I had summer internships in architecture offices in Lufkin, Houston, and Atlanta, I LOVE the South.

I miss my nook, I mean I believe you always miss your hometown to a degree even if you hate it. I know where anything and everything is and of course above all my friends. But there are airplanes true friends don't change and I'm happy here in Houston and still get shocked at how I can be in downtown or so close to it and there are normal surface parking lots and greenery! I moved here from downtown LA and grew up in LA county.

I moved mid 2008... and although I like it here my career is calling me to a new Southern city in a couple months.. Baton Rouge.
People here are original aren't they. So Cal gots to be the most fake people out there with attitudes.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 AM

17 posts, read 72,148 times
The cost of living, something new.

Lived in NorCal (Walnut Creek/Danville/San Ramon area) and I miss everything...the hills, Biking up Mt Diablo, the weather, the food, the people, my family, friends, Lake Berryessa and the fact that you can actually enjoy outdoor activities...etc

When did you move here?
August 2007 and can't wait to move back to the Bay Area!!

Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Puff1980 View Post
The cost of living, something new.

Lived in NorCal (Walnut Creek/Danville/San Ramon area) and I miss everything...the hills, Biking up Mt Diablo, the weather, the food, the people, my family, friends, Lake Berryessa and the fact that you can actually enjoy outdoor activities...etc

When did you move here?
August 2007 and can't wait to move back to the Bay Area!!

Danville is very upscale and clean.
I guess money talks when it comes to pros and cons.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,047,399 times
Quote:
Houston probably has more restaurents in any city in the USA. You get all kinds of foods here. This depends on what restaurent you go to. I would do research. Berkeley is a cool town. People on the the streets are different.
It's actually second to NYC.

Quote:
Your reason?
She's a troll and has been banned multiple times before for her abrupt commentary towards Houston and it's posters.
And she claims to be from California in this thread, the next thread she says she's from Minneapolis, etc...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
It's actually second to NYC.

She's a troll and has been banned multiple times before for her abrupt commentary towards Houston and it's posters.
And she claims to be from California in this thread, the next thread she says she's from Minneapolis, etc...

Except the prices are a lot cheaper here.
Why would someone get banned for disliking Houston or any other city?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:18 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,047,399 times
Quote:
Except the prices are a lot cheaper here.
Why would someone get banned for disliking Houston or any other city?
No not for disliking Houston, but because she became an annoyance to the CD community. She would personally attack Houston posters, and follow them to the next thread and do the same thing over. Basically to sum it all up, she's a troll.
That's her second account to get banned in 4 months...

Yeah lol, Houston is a lot cheaper than NYC. Houston is going through some MASSIVE changes now. The transplants from other areas have made it so that way Houston can keep up with times and adapt to modern city life style.

They are going to build commuter rail now.
They are also adding 4 more lines to the Light Rail.

They're building more buildings in downtown for office space.
They're massively expanding Texas Medical Center.
They're opening up new shopping stores in downtown, and other areas in Houston as well.
They're building Earth Quest Adventures, which will become the worlds greenest theme park, and Texas's largest theme park.
And a lot more things as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston