U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 05-13-2010, 08:22 PM

12,673 posts, read 11,723,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
No not for disliking Houston, but because she became an annoyance to the CD community. She would personally attack Houston posters, and follow them to the next thread and do the same thing over. Basically to sum it all up, she's a troll.
That's her second account to get banned in 4 months...

Yeah lol, Houston is a lot cheaper than NYC. Houston is going through some MASSIVE changes now. The transplants from other areas have made it so that way Houston can keep up with times and adapt to modern city life style.

They are going to build commuter rail now.
They are also adding 4 more lines to the Light Rail.

They're building more buildings in downtown for office space.
They're massively expanding Texas Medical Center.
They're opening up new shopping stores in downtown, and other areas in Houston as well.
They're building Earth Quest Adventures, which will become the worlds greenest theme park, and Texas's largest theme park.
And a lot more things as well...
Which massive changes? California has a good rail system. BART and Light Rail. Houston needs to do something about the climate to keep it cooler in the summer.

Theme park for? Zoo? Are we going to get something like Astroworld or Waterworld back?

Unread 05-13-2010, 08:38 PM

10,185 posts, read 3,916,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Which massive changes? California has a good rail system. BART and Light Rail. Houston needs to do something about the climate to keep it cooler in the summer.

Theme park for? Zoo? Are we going to get something like Astroworld or Waterworld back?
Houston already has a great Zoo! I go to the zoo every summer. It's a lot of fun!!

Not quite like Astroworld, it'll be way better than Astroworld ever was.

They opened up a Schlitterbahn theme park in Galveston to replace Water World.

Commuter rail coming to Houston is a massive change. And expanding the Light Rail in Houston is a pretty massive change as well.

Anyways here's what Earth Quest Adventures is slated to look like upon completion;

Unread 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM

7,594 posts, read 16,359,048 times
What does the theme park site look like now?

This article says it should've already broken ground last year, and the park should open next year:

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20.../08realtor.txt

I've been hearing about this since 2007.

Sounds just like the rail dreams in here. Always a lot of talk about what will happen, but never any action.

Unread 05-13-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
What does the theme park site look like now?

This article says it should've already broken ground last year, and the park should open next year:

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/20.../08realtor.txt

I've been hearing about this since 2007.

Sounds just like the rail dreams in here. Always a lot of talk about what will happen, but never any action.
No they didn't break ground because they expanded the park. It's now 500 acres instead of 250 acres.
Plus they still have to pick a financier, they have a few, but they're waiting to pick the one most stable for it.

Unread 05-13-2010, 09:03 PM

The economic slowdown probably doesn't help that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this park someday (as well as a SE/Galveston rail).

I just think the literature written out there (for both) is a little... optimistic.

Unread 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM

It seeems all attractions are in Galveston.

Unread 05-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
The economic slowdown probably doesn't help that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this park someday (as well as a SE/Galveston rail).

I just think the literature written out there (for both) is a little... optimistic.
True, but the fact that hotel companies and restaurant chains are pushing to build around there because of this speculates it will be built.

Plus Houston is out of the recession now. And it's economy is picking back up from that year and a half of downhill.

I'm actually quite sure they'll have this one built.

Galveston Rail?

Unread 05-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Yeah, the long, long term plan is on the heavy rail already in place along Old Galveston / Hwy 3.

Unread 05-13-2010, 10:50 PM

So Houston will someday be a tourist attraction like San Francisco?

Unread 05-13-2010, 10:56 PM

17 posts, read 42,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
So Houston will someday be a tourist attraction like San Francisco?

Never. Houston will never be like San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston