Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 07:04 PM

102 posts, read 185,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Go to the San Jacinto monument and have lunch at the Monument Inn
And if you go there, check out the battleship Texas.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:30 PM

497 posts, read 1,485,682 times
The theater, ballet, symphony, and opera are world class. Tremendous amount of live music. Professional sports.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM

734 posts, read 1,080,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
I actually agree with half of your post, this is not really a place to sight see and Houston is hardly a young person's city, but obviously you're too immature to understand that you will probably not enjoy Taylor Swift and gangsta rap music your whole life. Well, maybe you will, but some people like trying new things. You can't complain that there is nothing to do if you're not willing to open your options, which, if you haven't noticed, you do every other post. I understand that you enjoy low culture, but this city has wide offerings of high culture, too. If you keep looking for things that only fit your personal interests as they stand in the moment, yes, you are going to run out of things to do fast. So please do us all a favor and get over your one-note self. Yes, please compare Odessa to Houston...

Oh, not to mention the fact that your post was not even in the realm of what the OP asked for.

Hot Town, Cool City | Locations

I'm guessing you've been to every place on that list.

Thats right I'm too immature to try new things... I must have been born liking the things I like

Im sorry I dont enjoy the "high culture" things... I'm not a pretentious snob enough to pay for a $50 dinner and go to ballet's and put myself in places where I dont belong.

And as far as that list... you've got to wonder... how desperate do you have to be to have a list for things to do to check off...

Old 05-13-2010, 06:08 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,147,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Thats right I'm too immature to try new things... I must have been born liking the things I like

Im sorry I dont enjoy the "high culture" things... I'm not a pretentious snob enough to pay for a $50 dinner and go to ballet's and put myself in places where I dont belong.

And as far as that list... you've got to wonder... how desperate do you have to be to have a list for things to do to check off...
It seems like you have liked the same things given your outlook. So are you admitting you're stubborn? That's fine, but don't complain if you're not wiling to open your options. And no, you don't have to spend $50 to try something new.

It seems like you will be stuck liking the same things, but some people never change I guess. It's like eating Happy Meals when you have Filet Mignon at your door. Your choice.

Ummm...are you having trouble reading his post? He's a tourist, so obviously he's going to want a list of things. Even the most touristy places have lists.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:19 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Galveston
Clear Lake/Kemah
Freeport
Discovery Green Park in downtown
Houston Pavilions
Chinatown
Battleship Texas/San Jacinto Monument
Huntsville
Japanese Gardens
Museum District
Theater District
Rice Village
Houston Zoo
NASA
The Woodlands Waterway

+ more

Houston simply can't be fully explored in just one weekend, one month, or even one year. Some people live there their wholes lives & are always finding new things to see & do.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:31 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Galveston
Clear Lake/Kemah
Freeport
Discovery Green Park in downtown
Houston Pavilions
Chinatown
Battleship Texas/San Jacinto Monument
Huntsville
Japanese Gardens
Museum District
Theater District
Rice Village
Houston Zoo
NASA
The Woodlands Waterway

+ more

Houston simply can't be fully explored in just one weekend, one month, or even one year. Some people live there their wholes lives & are always finding new things to see & do.
All the things in bold black I still have yet to see, I have been to downtown numerous times, but never been able to see the shows at the theater district, go to discovery green, or check out Houston Pavilions... and I've been here for 15 years of my 20 year life.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:44 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCuzImMe View Post
I did however mention that I wanted to goto a VERY good BBQ restaurant
My suggestion is skip the BBQ as Houston's isn't all that great. Grab some Tex-Mex or Vietnamese food instead.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 1,949 times
Natural Museum of Science is neat they have a Magic exibit.The Houston Zoo. The Galleria is neat to go walking around a shopping. Nasa is neat if you have never been.
Places to eat are Cabos mexican restraunt, Maggianos is good and Cheesecake factory is good. Houston has wonderful food! Luther's BBQ is awesome. There are so many good restraunts!

Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 PM

17 posts, read 31,898 times
Thanks for all of the great responses. I will try to check out as much as possible as I know a weekend won't hardly cover all of Houston! A co-worker of mine suggested papadeaux (sorry for the misspelling) and she swore it was really good. I will also be visiting areas in which I am interested in possibly living (sugarland, Katy, montrose, midtown..etc). From what I understand the cost of living isn't as bad as some other places so I'm excited about that part! Once again Thanks!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 02:35 PM

240 posts, read 808,131 times
The Beer Can House! Amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston