Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 03:32 PM

64 posts, read 186,526 times

Advertisements

Okay, folks need the honest truth as to what the Houston weather is REALLY like: Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 03:44 PM

967 posts, read 2,609,287 times
If you expect it to be bad... it'll be bad. If you are a complainer, you'll have plenty to complain about.

But in reality, it's livable. It's beautiful in fall and spring. It is crazy humid and hot over the summer... no big deal, we have air conditioning! The only thing is that it doesn't cool off at night. Summer highs are 90, overnight lows are 80. Even the summer rain is warm. Winters are mild but can get cold.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 PM

958 posts, read 2,573,176 times
Ditto with above poster.
Spring and falls are open window time, other than the thunderstorms.
Summer is hot mid 90s with high humidity, bearable outside with alot of water.
Winter is everyone elses fall, so can't be so bad.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,487,875 times
SPRING..gorgeous. Feb-May.
SUMMER...rotten,stinkin hot May 15-October 20ish.
FALL...starts hot then mellows to the 80s. Oct-December15. Some classic Fall weather appears,then returns to muggy hottish.
WINTER..grey and rainey with 3-9 days of freeze.

native houstonian reporting

Old 05-17-2010, 03:52 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
It will kill you. In fact, it kills everyone. Every summer we bury all five million-something people in the Houston metro, and the two or three survivors recruit five million more suckers to take their place.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni923 View Post
Okay, folks need the honest truth as to what the Houston weather is REALLY like: Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter.
Spring: Beautiful!
Winter: Mix of good and bad.
Summer: Sticky, humid and hot but bearable (for me)
Fall: Mix of good and bad.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM

23,013 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Everyone hands the heat different, some can take it, some can't, I can't. I HATE the weather in Houston! It's way too hot and humid for ME, but that doesn't mean you can't take it. We had one of the best winters here we've had in about 20 years, we actually had a few cold days, I loved it, some didn't. The only way you can know what it's really like is come experience it for yourself.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM

192 posts, read 504,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
WINTER..grey and rainey with 3-9 days of freeze.
I would say compared to many New England areas, winters in Houston are rather sunny.

Other than that, these are fair assessments, and jfre81 is just being sarcastic.

Here are our average temperature ranges, in case you weren't already aware of them: Houston Temperature Averages

Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 PM

1,474 posts, read 4,995,601 times
its like hawaii. without the lava

Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
I see you haven't had much luck finding another location as good as Houston.

I'm being extremely honest, the last thing I want is someone and their children to suffer because of my experience;

Winter: It's cold, but rarely snows, 2 inches max, and snows one day, and rarely does it snow, it normally takes a few years for it too. You'll make it through, because Houston winters are some of the most mildest in the country for a city of it's size.

Spring: Absolutely lovely, the weather is normally in the 80's and it feels pretty good. Nice sunny days. You should be fine in spring.

Summer: Okay this is where I don't like Houston weather wise, it gets hot, but not unbearable, I see 5 year old kids playing at the park, they can handle it, so can anyone else. Everything is Air-conditioned you don't have to stress over drenching yourself in sweat daily. Lol, yes it's humid, but it's not unbearable. At first you might be uncomfortable, but it's something that you'll grow into.

Autumn: This is my favorite season of all, the color in the tree's, the weather is amazing, it's stable, some days can be either hotter or colder, but for the most part it's pretty stable, and the wind is always going to be there.

I think you and your children will be fine, don't worry about it as much, it's tolerable.

Anyways, best of luck in which ever city you choose to call home!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston