U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 05-22-2010, 09:30 AM

596 posts, read 951,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsearchingforahouse View Post
Need some insight from residents of these areas:

a) Lakes of Austin Pkwy: Just past the aquatic park on Austin Parkway - nice houses but a lot of people sold their homes here in the last one year or so - is there a reason? I noticed some crime activity on the Sugar Land police website but not sure if things are going right.

b) How are the following neighborhoods...Magnolia Plantation & Plantation Bend (both off Dulles Avenue).

Thanks.

dad-still-searching.
People just moving up to larger, newer homes in Rivrstone, Telfair and Sienna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-22-2010, 09:35 AM

305 posts, read 460,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphalogica View Post
I agree with you and see what you are saying about the police station on Cartwright. However, as a general, play-it-safe rule, I personally feel it's best to stay within Sugar Land city limits if crime is a concern (and all of those places the OP mentioned AFAIK are barely in SL). I'm not necessarily saying that Missouri City has high crime. The immediate area around the MCPD station is fine at best, but once you leave around that immediate radius, police protection is very much hit-or-miss. Far north Missouri City is evidence of this.

Missouri City IS a great place to live. My family prefers to shop at the Mo. City Wal-Mart over the SL one and I grew up right on east Mo. City-Houston line in Quail Run. However, I'm sure when talking about crime reputation Sugar Land overall beats out Missouri City. SLPD IMHO in terms of quality and being proactive is considerably better than MCPD.

The City Hall is still on Texas Parkway and has been since like 81 or 82.
It sounds like we are basically in agreement. You see for me, MC has the bad side of it which in where Sugar land is generally nice all around. But the areas with the 459 zip, I wouldn't give it a second thought on having a home there. When you say if you leave that immediate radius(and I think you're referring to the neighborhoods the OP is referring too), I think outside that radius is sort of like a buffer to the 'bad' side of MC. Again, my opinion only, Quail Valley, Lake Olympia, and even Sienna(although all very nice) acts as that buffer. Hey there's buffer in every city that has bad areas. So if the OP ask me about those 'buffer' neighborhoods(again, my opinion only) I would have the slight concerns that any might have from being closer to the 'bad' area of MC. However, the neighborhoods the OP was asking about still has the 'buffer' so no worries for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston