U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,592 times

Advertisements

Hi, all. May I know the address of any Asian store where Filipinos frequently shop? I would love to meet pinoys in Charleston!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM

1,822 posts, read 3,335,749 times
Lucy, the Filipinos that I used to know in Dunbar shopped at regular stores like anybody else. However there is a family owned physical therapy practice in Dunbar called KVPTC, you will find many Filipinos working there.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 AM

519 posts, read 1,573,162 times
Maybe Lucy meant to ask if there were any filipino stores or asian grocery stores in the area?

Iknow if I move to Huntington, I'd be interested to know where the asian grocery stores are at if any.

Old 07-28-2013, 07:30 AM

4,187 posts, read 6,954,904 times
There is a place called the Cedar Market in Huntington that bills itself as a Middle Eastern, Indian and Asian Market. If they do not carry something you need, they typically take requests. Here is their Facebook page as they don't appear to have a website.

https://www.facebook.com/CedarMarketInc

Julian's Market, a small grocery store in Huntington, also has a small international section but can sometimes order for you as well.

http://www.juliansmarket.com/

Last edited by tbailey1138; 07-28-2013 at 07:48 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 12:00 PM

4 posts, read 5,592 times
Hi, guys. Thanks for the replies. Appreciated much. I am here now in Charleston. I do need a professional female roommate to share my apartment. If you know of one, let me know. I have one for rent ASAP.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,559 times
Default I also live in Charleston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy.marie View Post
Hi, guys. Thanks for the replies. Appreciated much. I am here now in Charleston. I do need a professional female roommate to share my apartment. If you know of one, let me know. I have one for rent ASAP.

Hi Lucy, nice to meet you here. I live in Charleston and i'm looking for Filipinos around this area . thanks.

Old 12-27-2014, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 887 times
Hi I've been here in Independence west virginia for 5 months. So far I haven't seen any Filipinas here. I'm just 10 mins. From morgantown. I would love to join any group or community page with all pinay's. It will be nice to see and get to hang out with my Co filipina. Hoping to meet you soon. God bless!

Old 12-27-2014, 11:18 PM

941 posts, read 1,068,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelyn View Post
Hi I've been here in Independence west virginia for 5 months. So far I haven't seen any Filipinas here. I'm just 10 mins. From morgantown. I would love to join any group or community page with all pinay's. It will be nice to see and get to hang out with my Co filipina. Hoping to meet you soon. God bless!
You should post this in the Morgantown forum because this is for filipinos in Huntington, WV. The people here probably won't know anything about filipinos in the northern part of the state.

SOME ADVICE: you are living a little far away from the city to see any diversity. Move to or closer to Morgantown or Fairmont. Morgantown is very diverse and I'm sure that you will find a community around there.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 62 times
Hello. My fiance is a Flipino Lady but she has not come to the states yet. However she ask me to see if there were any Filipino communities, or clubs or any kind of social gathering. So if any one knows Of any p!ease let me know.

Old Today, 11:31 AM

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Morrow View Post
My wife and I are looking at different communities to retire. Huntington, WV is near the top of the list.

My wife is Filipino and I was just wondering if anyone new if there were other Filipinos in the Huntington area. I can't find any indication that there are, but usually were there is a hospital there are at least a couple of Filipino nurses or doctors

It is not critical to our decision of were to settle, but it would help us weigh our options.

Thanks
So your not comfortable being near Americans? You need to recreate the Philippines in your own neighborhood? Assimilation education would be a benefit for You.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington