Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2011, 02:15 PM

6,077 posts, read 9,107,153 times

Advertisements

Simple Question!

Is Camden Park a lost cause, or can it be turned into something good and fresh?

I think somebody needs to call up Disney and see if they are interested!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 03:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Simple Question!

Is Camden Park a lost cause, or can it be turned into something good and fresh?

I think somebody needs to call up Disney and see if they are interested!
It is still there and is doing quite well from what I hear. The previous owners basically up the debt and ran the park into the ground.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM

I didn't think it was doing well.

It has been a long time since I was there last, but it wasn't a pleasant memory from what I remember!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Camden Park is a great park. It's a piece of Americana that is slowly slipping away. There isn't a better water ride in the country. The setting is beautiful.

I'd like to see the picnic area and the area around it cleaned up some but the park is great.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
It's definately a Huntington staple. When compared to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Six Flags, etc it doesn't look like much but for your average kid, there's a lot to do.

And Chris, the place is actually doing pretty well. It's been packed every time I've gone there or driven past and they keep trying to add new things. I'd love to see them expand some and add a water park. It would be a great fit.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
It's definately a Huntington staple. When compared to Kings Island, Cedar Point, Six Flags, etc it doesn't look like much but for your average kid, there's a lot to do.

And Chris, the place is actually doing pretty well. It's been packed every time I've gone there or driven past and they keep trying to add new things. I'd love to see them expand some and add a water park. It would be a great fit.
I think the place needs a huge revamp!

Maybe add a a water park, like you suggested and a couple of bigger rides!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 PM

388 posts, read 998,629 times
Best hot fudge sundae I've ever had in my life! Kindly elderly woman behind the counter kept asking, "Honey, you sure you don't want more fudge sauce?" My hubby grew up in Huntington and he has lots of fond memories of the park. Been many years since we were last there but the hot fudge sundae I remember!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington