Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 04:05 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times

Advertisements

Marshall School of Medicine and Cabell Huntington Hospital announce dental residency program:

Marshall School of Medicine and Cabell Huntington Hospital announce dental residency program | Huntington News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:23 PM

941 posts, read 1,354,925 times
Marshall Health is consolidating and expanding its services in Putnam County, specifically Teays Valley.

Marshall Health purchases former Patriot Coal building | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 04-28-2016, 05:32 PM

More about the new Dentistry Department at the JCESOM:

https://jcesom.marshall.edu/news/mus...ry-department/

Old 04-28-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
More about the new Dentistry Department at the JCESOM:

https://jcesom.marshall.edu/news/mus...ry-department/
Dental School soon? Maybe?

Old 04-28-2016, 06:21 PM

That would be the likely progression. One can only hope at least!

Old 04-28-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
That would be the likely progression. One can only hope at least!
Random but progressive thought, I think that MU another logically progression for MU would be to create an Architecture program. They just expanded Visual Arts and Engineering, so why not have Architecture? Maybe rehab another building downtown or build anew.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,419,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Random but progressive thought, I think that MU another logically progression for MU would be to create an Architecture program. They just expanded Visual Arts and Engineering, so why not have Architecture? Maybe rehab another building downtown or build anew.
That's something that's SORELY needed in this state. WVU has a great Landscape Architecture program, but not a full-fledged school of architecture (and I don't believe there are plans to do so). Fairmont State has some semblance of an architecture program, but it isn't even accredited. I know many people from WV who have had to go out of state, such as to Tennessee, to get their degree. This could be a major growth area for Marshall.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PynballWyzyrd View Post
Man I need to start proofreading my posts. Lol.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elewis7 View Post
That's something that's SORELY needed in this state. WVU has a great Landscape Architecture program, but not a full-fledged school of architecture (and I don't believe there are plans to do so). Fairmont State has some semblance of an architecture program, but it isn't even accredited. I know many people from WV who have had to go out of state, such as to Tennessee, to get their degree. This could be a major growth area for Marshall.
Also, there aren't many opportunities in this state (well any for that matter) to begin a regional new program like that. Yeah I don't know how this has never come up before.

Well maybe we will get lucky. It wouldn't be the first time that people of these forums dreamed of something only to find out that it was already in the works behind the scenes. Lol

Old 05-30-2016, 08:14 AM

Nice new picture on the Downtown Huntington FB page of the Marshall VAC now that the west side has been painted. It looks sooo much better! I've been waiting for them to do this for a while. Now I'm hoping that they get the old BW3s building painted soon!

Moderator cut: that's a great picture, but it's copyrighted. Please follow the link below
https://www.facebook.com/DowntownHuntington/?fref=ts

Last edited by Yac; 05-31-2016 at 05:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington