U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,118,313 times
Reputation: 1758

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
The truth is, I don't come into threads and post stick figures puking up food! When you've probably never eaten at a nice restaurant in your life! I make attacks because you make attacks at things I care about!

If you want a grown up conversation, post something that is worth reading and is not a lie!
You are such a hypocrite. All you have done is bash Morgantown and attack me personally.

I have yet to say something bad about you. I dont know you, and dont want to because quite frankly you seem like a jerk. I am not about to make ignorant assumptions about you, like you are making about me.

When I first came into the WV forum you were attacking Morgantown before I said anything. You seem fine with attacking things people care about as long as it is not something you care about.

Charleston and Huntington are some terrible places to live. Doesnt mean I dislike the people who live there. I feel sorry for them.

If you want a grown up conversation, show some respect and stop acting like an angry teenager. Im also sick of you making up things about Charleston and Morgantown. I will treat you like an adult when you act like one. You have to give respect to get respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
 
Location: 304
4,993 posts, read 6,558,701 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post

Charleston and Huntington are some terrible places to live. Doesnt mean I dislike the people who live there. I feel sorry for them.

.
I belive you are the hypocrite!

The first post you made on this thread called both Charleston and Huntington dumps! That is like slapping me in the face!

You have not shown anyone respect in this entire forum, and I doubt you will!

Let me apologize for any personal remarks, but the things you say are almost all made up and not fact driven! You do nothing but bash every city in WV that is your Morgantown! I've stated numerous times how much I love it, so why would I make up negative things about it! I own season tickets to WVU games, and am around it alot because my sister lives around Fairmont! I see the positives you love to exagerate, and I see the negatives that you pretend are not there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 PM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,118,313 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I belive you are the hypocrite!

The first post you made on this thread called both Charleston and Huntington dumps! That is like slapping me in the face!

You have not shown anyone respect in this entire forum, and I doubt you will!

Let me apologize for any personal remarks, but the things you say are almost all made up and not fact driven! You do nothing but bash every city in WV that is your Morgantown! I've stated numerous times how much I love it, so why would I make up negative things about it! I own season tickets to WVU games, and am around it alot because my sister lives around Fairmont! I see the positives you love to exagerate, and I see the negatives that you pretend are not there!
Im sorry I dont like them and think they are not nice places. That doesnt mean other people cant like it. One can make a great life anywhere, but some places are better than others. I admit I am outspoken and not PC, but dont get me wrong I have many friends from Charleston. We often have this argument, but usually in a more civilized manner. It just comes down to preferences. Im in my twenties, married to a beautiful wife, and we like fast paced city life. Morgantown is not ideal for that, but it is better than Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: 304
4,993 posts, read 6,558,701 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Im sorry I dont like them and think they are not nice places. That doesnt mean other people cant like it. One can make a great life anywhere, but some places are better than others. I admit I am outspoken and not PC, but dont get me wrong I have many friends from Charleston. We often have this argument, but usually in a more civilized manner. It just comes down to preferences. Im in my twenties, married to a beautiful wife, and we like fast paced city life. Morgantown is not ideal for that, but it is better than Charleston.
The truth is we are both a bit outspoken! I love almost everything about my home here, and in WV as a whole and would do anything to promote it! Like you said everyone is entitled to his or her own preferences. If you feel Morgantown has better city life than Charleston, then so be it!

The real truth is that Morgantown is a great place. But Charleston is too and I just want people to see past the stats and population charts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
 
9,415 posts, read 11,502,438 times
Reputation: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
I belive you are the hypocrite!

The first post you made on this thread called both Charleston and Huntington dumps! That is like slapping me in the face!

You have not shown anyone respect in this entire forum, and I doubt you will!

Let me apologize for any personal remarks, but the things you say are almost all made up and not fact driven! You do nothing but bash every city in WV that is your Morgantown! I've stated numerous times how much I love it, so why would I make up negative things about it! I own season tickets to WVU games, and am around it alot because my sister lives around Fairmont! I see the positives you love to exagerate, and I see the negatives that you pretend are not there!
I haven't gotten that at all. I see responses to your attacks on Morgantown, your incredibly incorrect misnaming of our town and so forth. I'm glad you are among the tens of thousands who visit our town seven or more times a year for athletic events. I encourage you to come more often to take advantage of the many other positive attributes of our college town city.
In addition to wonderful football (easily the State's best), we have terrific basketball, a great arts scene, wonderful and nearby outdoor venues, and a highly positive employment picture. And, we offer access to the amazing other positive attributes of being around the State's flagship educational institution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 PM
 
Location: 304
4,993 posts, read 6,558,701 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I haven't gotten that at all. I see responses to your attacks on Morgantown, your incredibly incorrect misnaming of our town and so forth. I'm glad you are among the tens of thousands who visit our town seven or more times a year for athletic events. I encourage you to come more often to take advantage of the many other positive attributes of our college town city.
In addition to wonderful football (easily the State's best), we have terrific basketball, a great arts scene, wonderful and nearby outdoor venues, and a highly positive employment picture. And, we offer access to the amazing other positive attributes of being around the State's flagship educational institution.
Seeing how I'm a WV citizen, I feel that I can lay claim to WVU and all of its sports! Same as you can lay claim to our beautiful capital complex and museum! When I go to Morgantown I don't go for the city, but for the football which has nothing to do with the town.

and name me one time when I have "misnamed" Morgantown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:28 PM
 
9,415 posts, read 11,502,438 times
Reputation: 1513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Seeing how I'm a WV citizen, I feel that I can lay claim to WVU and all of its sports! Same as you can lay claim to our beautiful capital complex and museum! When I go to Morgantown I don't go for the city, but for the football which has nothing to do with the town.

and name me one time when I have "misnamed" Morgantown!
Your characterization of "holeinthewall" for one thing. That is far from being true. If this place weren't a nice place to live, why would so many be moving here? There are lots of folks from Charleston who have moved here. I don't know any from Clendennin yet, but I'd bet they are here too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
 
Location: 304
4,993 posts, read 6,558,701 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
Your characterization of "holeinthewall" for one thing. That is far from being true. If this place weren't a nice place to live, why would so many be moving here? There are lots of folks from Charleston who have moved here. I don't know any from Clendennin yet, but I'd bet they are here too.
you better believe that some of the best band members, baseball playes, track athletes, and students at WVU come from Clendenin!

I believe I called Morgantown a "holeinthewall' in another thread, but not this one!

And to be honest I think Charleston being called a cess pool is much worse!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 12:23 AM
 
6,349 posts, read 8,118,313 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
you better believe that some of the best band members, baseball playes, track athletes, and students at WVU come from Clendenin!

I believe I called Morgantown a "holeinthewall' in another thread, but not this one!

And to be honest I think Charleston being called a cess pool is much worse!
It is a cess pool. A reference to the capitol not the city. The city is boring and ugly. The politicians make it a cesspool. Everyone knows the WV government is, "open for business," which means they are corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM
 
Location: 304
4,993 posts, read 6,558,701 times
Reputation: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
It is a cess pool. A reference to the capitol not the city. The city is boring and ugly. The politicians make it a cesspool. Everyone knows the WV government is, "open for business," which means they are corrupt.
Our capitol is not a cess pool, in fact it is one of the better ones in the nation! If you think our state gov. is corrupt, well I guess you have the right, but I think that they are just not qualified in the areas of business! It takes a business oriented person to attract business, and we have only had a few of those recently in state office! Mallony would be another!

Open for business equals corrupt? first time I've heard that one, and unless you post it again probably the last!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top