Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 12:01 PM

251 posts, read 258,268 times

Advertisements

Saw a sign beside Crossfit Barboursville (KMart Plaza) that said "Hank's New York Pizza." I think it was Hank's....anybody know anything about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM

530 posts, read 585,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredAtWork304 View Post
Saw a sign beside Crossfit Barboursville (KMart Plaza) that said "Hank's New York Pizza." I think it was Hank's....anybody know anything about this?
I had noticed a sign down there but was passing by and couldn’t tell what it said from US 60. Sounds interesting but not a great location if judged by the number of businesses who haven’t had great success down in that corner. That entire shopping center could use some major revamping and revitalization including redoing the parking lot and making parking spaces more user friendly.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:17 AM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
There’s a new website profiling downtown businesses and events:

Home | Downtown Huntington

Old 12-03-2017, 08:18 AM

Really excited to learn more about The Summit development. With the layout of that property, I would say it’s very likely to be a multistory development which could be really interesting and something unique. The whole “eatery, lifestyle, and wellness” line make it sound like it will be more of a lifestyle center which is something the area is really lacking. Hard to believe (not really) that not one of our media outlets has done a report on a development that is clearly under construction and even has a sign up.

Old 12-03-2017, 01:00 PM

7 posts, read 12,921 times
Just wondering if there is any info on the Northcott Housing area on Hal Greer Blvd. I was hoping for a grocery store to go in that area of Hal Greer. Something besides an Aldi or Krogers! I either go to Kroger’s 1st St. or the 5th Ave. Kroger’s or the Gucci Barboursville Kroger’s. In a perfect world I would love a Wegmen’s Grocery Store which are all over the state of Virginia. When I visit my son who lives in King George Va. just outside of Fredericksburg I can’t wait to shop in Wegmen’s! Just kind of sad that the southside of Huntington has no store close by.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:20 PM

4,934 posts, read 8,881,587 times
I haven't heard anything solid yet. I'd imagine that we won't hear much until after all of the units have been torn down. At the rate that government works, I'd imagine a development deal will have to go through a lot of red tape.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:27 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,051,770 times
I am confused. Is The Summit a new commercial development going in near The Crossings, up the hill from Tanyard Station? I read 1 page back that Christopher’s Eats will be relocating there. Sorry, i can’t find anything online.
Thanks

Old 12-03-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I am confused. Is The Summit a new commercial development going in near The Crossings, up the hill from Tanyard Station? I read 1 page back that Christopher’s Eats will be relocating there. Sorry, i can’t find anything online.
Thanks
The Summit is a development going in between the Marco’s Pizza location and the building that contains Little Cesar’s on US 60 (out in front of the Country Club Apartments complex). There is heavy equipment there doing excavation and other site preparation work. There’s a sign at the edge of the property right next to US 60 that says “The Summit” and beneath that says “Eatery, Wellness, Lifestyle.” Tbailey had written hearing a rumor that Christopher’s Eats may be planning to move to The Summit development which is totally separate from Tanyard Station and The Crossing. Unfortunately, there has not been any reporting on The Summit; our media always seems to be months behind on these things.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:16 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,051,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcesomstudent View Post
The Summit is a development going in between the Marco’s Pizza location and the building that contains Little Cesar’s on US 60 (out in front of the Country Club Apartments complex). There is heavy equipment there doing excavation and other site preparation work. There’s a sign at the edge of the property right next to US 60 that says “The Summit” and beneath that says “Eatery, Wellness, Lifestyle.” Tbailey had written hearing a rumor that Christopher’s Eats may be planning to move to The Summit development which is totally separate from Tanyard Station and The Crossing. Unfortunately, there has not been any reporting on The Summit; our media always seems to be months behind on these things.
Thank you for clearing that up for me jcesomestudent

Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM

251 posts, read 258,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina2akrs View Post
Just wondering if there is any info on the Northcott Housing area on Hal Greer Blvd. I was hoping for a grocery store to go in that area of Hal Greer. Something besides an Aldi or Krogers! I either go to Kroger’s 1st St. or the 5th Ave. Kroger’s or the Gucci Barboursville Kroger’s. In a perfect world I would love a Wegmen’s Grocery Store which are all over the state of Virginia. When I visit my son who lives in King George Va. just outside of Fredericksburg I can’t wait to shop in Wegmen’s! Just kind of sad that the southside of Huntington has no store close by.
I would almost bet that Foodfair will shoot for that area where Northcott is now after closing their 1st Street location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington