Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 10:54 AM

530 posts, read 589,412 times

Advertisements

Got confirmation yesterday that Oscar’s Breakfast, Burgers, & Brews is planning to move into the current Christopher’s location when they move to their new location at at The Summit. Will be nice for both of them to have much larger spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 02:45 PM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
It will be under the Hilton umbrella. However it will be branded a DoubleTree. Which is one of Hilton's full service upscale brands.
Thanks

Old 05-20-2018, 06:58 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,949,212 times
The owners of Black Sheep are opening a new restaurant in the old space called Honey Bones:

https://www.facebook.com/honeybonesWV/?ref=br_rs

elewis pointed out to me today that the old Marie's Dress Shop on 9th Street has signs up now indicating retail space on the first floor and luxury condos on the 2nd floor. Hopefully they start exterior renovations soon.

Tried Fuel Counter today for the first time at The Market. It was really good and they have some good, healthy options.

HOME - Fuel Counter

Old 05-20-2018, 10:57 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
The owners of Black Sheep are opening a new restaurant in the old space called Honey Bones:

https://www.facebook.com/honeybonesWV/?ref=br_rs

elewis pointed out to me today that the old Marie's Dress Shop on 9th Street has signs up now indicating retail space on the first floor and luxury condos on the 2nd floor. Hopefully they start exterior renovations soon.

Tried Fuel Counter today for the first time at The Market. It was really good and they have some good, healthy options.

HOME - Fuel Counter
I stopped by The Market a couple times at lunch time last week. It was packed, and the line was nearly backed up to Austin's Ice Cream both times. Hopefully i'll get to try it when the newness wears off, or i catch it at the right time.

If i were single, or in my mid 20's, early 30's still i would definitely look into living downtown. It's very appealing even to me having a young family.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:15 PM

4,953 posts, read 8,949,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkdashocker View Post
I stopped by The Market a couple times at lunch time last week. It was packed, and the line was nearly backed up to Austin's Ice Cream both times. Hopefully i'll get to try it when the newness wears off, or i catch it at the right time.

If i were single, or in my mid 20's, early 30's still i would definitely look into living downtown. It's very appealing even to me having a young family.
We just got lucky. We went after church and were the first ones in line. Before we were finished ordering, there were probably 10 more people behind us. They do have a nice app were you can place your order through the app for pick-up. There is also a customer loyal card through the app as well FYI.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:11 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,149,512 times
Huntington Mall's property manager to retire in June | Features/Entertainment | herald-dispatch.com

Whoever gets the job next has some big shoes to fill. However, whoever that person is has a great role model to follow in terms of how to keep a shopping mall relevant in these times. Also, I do hope that the new person can move the mall forward in landing more entertainment options of the property. We've mentioned it before here on the boards that having something like a comedy club, trampoline/adventure park, entertainment dining/center, etc. would really help keep the patrons coming to the mall.

Old 05-28-2018, 06:05 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Default A Bike Park Would Make for a Great Addition

Something like this would really be great for Hunington and for the state:
https://www.daytondailynews.com/life...VPDP1YzqPqADN/

Old 05-28-2018, 06:44 AM

1,889 posts, read 2,149,512 times
I like that idea.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:39 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,072,052 times
I was able to take a walk-through of the 9th and 10th floors of the Pullman Plaza (soon to be Double Tree). Renovations are in full swing, especially on the 10th floor. New carpet was down, hallway and elevator area with new paint. The rooms have new hardwood flooring at entrances, and the restrooms have been updated with a modern look. The beds and carpet of the rooms i was in have not been changed yet. Still a lot of work to be done inside and out.

If you look at some of the new 2018 Double Tree properties that Hilton opened this year, you will kind of get an idea of what to expect as far as interior goes. I am excited to see what they plan to do to freshen up the exterior of the building. January 2019 is the expected completion date.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:12 AM

530 posts, read 589,412 times
It’s official: Popeyes has pulled the plug on it’s planned location in the mall area as had been announced over a year ago.

Business Beat: Kroger sponsors regional food drive | Business | herald-dispatch.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington