Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 07:56 PM

4,952 posts, read 8,946,075 times

Advertisements

Noticed today that the Pizza Hut sign is up at the spot in the University Plaza. It'll be interesting to see what goes in at the current Pizza Hut spot. There's also four other spots in University Plaza so hopefully we hear more on this soon.

Also saw the other day that there's a sign in Pullman Square for M&M Spa and Salon and that they are putting shelving systems in where GNC is going. GNC should be open by the end of the month I would imagine. Also heard someone say there is possibly some kind of cafe going in at Pullman Square as well but no other details about this.

I also noticed today that the old Keen Jewelers/Huntington National Bank site on 9th Street has some activity going on. They have removed the windows on the bottom and made a dedicated entrance on the left side. Not sure if two different places are going in there or one wrap around business. No word on what it might be.

Heard more confirmation that the former Pet Palace is supposed to be some type of grocery store but also notice some tables and chairs in there like it's going to have some type of food served up as well. Hopefully that'll be done in the next month or two as well.

Also looks like Backyard and The Peddler might be staying put. There's a for sale sign up where BW3s was again. Hopefully they'll be back open by The end of the year. They are sorely missed for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 09:39 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,678 times
Good info Tim. I'm glad to hear that The Paddler and Backyard are staying put. That's probably the best location for them. I'm trying to be patient waiting for Backyard to reopen, insure miss their rock lobster pizza.

As for University Plaza, it would be an ideal spot for a Dunkin Donuts.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:48 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,148,139 times
I agree with your DD suggestion Silkdashocker.

Has there been any confirmation that the Pizza Hut location on 5th Avenue will close? If an announcement was made I missed it. I could see it staying open given its location close to the dorms and student housing/apartments on 20th street.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 PM

No confirmation Pizza Hut is closing. Unfortunately, the H-D doesn't often seem to be up on those things and the new one opening hasn't even been announced. They haven't even mentioned the GNC going in at Pullmam Square and they have their sign up and will likely be open in the next couple of weeks. For whatever reason, the H-D mostly does articles about new businesses after they are open rather than helping to build the hype before the fact.

In other news, a "Vapor Bar" is going in at 9th street between 4th/5th Aves. Something so much better could've gone in that space.

https://www.facebook.com/DowntownHun...ref=ts&fref=ts

Old 10-16-2014, 05:36 AM

Mulberry Street Meatball and Deli opens on 4th Ave | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 10-20-2014, 04:40 PM

Old Main Emporium has their website up and running now:

Old Main Emporium : Where Fashion and Tradition Meet

Old 10-23-2014, 06:46 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,419,973 times
Caught a glimpse of University Plaza today as I turned on 4th (so I didn't actually get to drive by the building). They've put up a sign for a new restaurant - Firehouse Subs, a pretty good addition if you ask me.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Interesting. I've heard of them but never actually eaten at one. Hopefully more businesses will start going in soon. I think that leaves what, just three more spaces then?

Old 10-27-2014, 03:53 PM

Wild Ramp chosen for the new Good Food Org Guide | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,070,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Interesting. I've heard of them but never actually eaten at one. Hopefully more businesses will start going in soon. I think that leaves what, just three more spaces then?
Firehouse makes pretty quality subs. Should do good business there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington