Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 01:47 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times

Advertisements

No updates on that front. The brewery district would take a while to implement, so we might not see much info on that for a bit.

In other news, however, renovations to the 3rd Ave building which will house the new Backyard Pizza have officially begun. They're still months away from opening, but Ackenpucky confirmed that work has started (plus I saw a big dumpster out front). https://www.facebook.com/AckenpuckyCreative

And speaking of big dumpsters on 3rd, the Hall of Fame Cafe finished their renovations and are open once again (check out photos on their FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/marshallcafe?ref=br_tf).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 01:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,252 times
Thanks elewis!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:12 PM

4,954 posts, read 8,952,889 times
Looks like the new BBQ joint will be delayed at the very least.

Schooner's, adjacent building sinking into river | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 02-23-2015, 06:41 PM

New gym opening this summer. This is one I might have to look into!

Quote:
Hello! I would like to invite everyone to Like my new gym's Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/alternatefitness). It is the first American Ninja Warrior, Obstacle Course Racing, Rock Climbing, and Parkour gym in the state of West Virginia!
We will be hosting events for children, teens, and adults! Such as birthday parties, instructional classes, competitions, and open gyms! We will send invites and post these events here, as well as on our website and Facebook page!
Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/alternatefitness

http://www.alternate.fitness/

Old 02-23-2015, 07:21 PM

1,642 posts, read 2,421,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
OH MY GOSH. I've been wanting something like this for a while now!

Old 02-23-2015, 08:05 PM

I know! This looks pretty cool doesn't it?!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:53 PM

A new insurance/investment company is opening on 9th Street. Paper is up in the windows where the Peddler was but no word yet on what's going in. Also noticed that Z Brick Oven moved in where The Happy Dragon was too.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:06 PM

941 posts, read 1,355,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
A new insurance/investment company is opening on 9th Street. Paper is up in the windows where the Peddler was but no word yet on what's going in. Also noticed that Z Brick Oven moved in where The Happy Dragon was too.
I'm not going to lie, I wish that something more exciting was going there on 9th street.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:21 PM

As do I but it's another business with more people downtown and empty space filled. Hopefully it will bring more businesses along with it.

I forgot to post this earlier too:

Quote:
Steel of West Virginia Inc. is entering the bulb flat business as the only producer in North America of the hull-stiffening devices used in the shipbuilding industry.

It was made public this past December at the International Workboat Show in New Orleans that production would begin the first quarter of 2015. Tim Duke, president of Steel of West Virginia Inc., said the announcement was well-received by industry.

"We went to the show in New Orleans, and we were received so well," he said. "Naval architects and other people who design the ships were coming up to our booth. At another conference in Florida, people told us they have been looking for a bulb flat supplier for decades. It was exciting."

Bulb flats are added to Steel of West Virginia Inc.'s production repertoire of several merchant products along with special steel products used in ships, barges, offshore vessels and other industries.
Throwing the gauntlet | The Herald-Dispatch

Old 03-16-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
According to data released by the Census Bureau from the 2012 Economic Census, Cabell County manufacturers had the highest volume of sales, shipments, receipts, revenue and other business done in 2012. Cabell County was followed by Wood, Kanawha, Monongalia and Putnam counties. Those five counties accounted for about 44 percent of manufacturing output in the state. The next five counties — Brooke, Berkeley, Marion, Wayne and Ohio — accounted for another 15 percent.
Census: Cabell leads West Virginia in manufacturing production - Business, Government Legal News from throughout WV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Huntington